Forum

Updated TS3 today from 3.0.0-rc1 to 3.0.6.1 But the client still tells me to update

So when I logged into my TS server today it let me know an update was available. Great. I applied the server update to my server but when I connect to it the client still tells me that there is an update available. When I check the about section on the server it tells me its updated. So effectively I am confused. I would post more information if I even knew what was needed to help me out... then if I knew that... well you see where I am going can anyone help?

The notification about available updates applies to your client.
    You updated your server to version 3.0.6.1 which is great but your client probably still uses an outdated version.

No my client is at the latest version. This is the exact error that pops up http://imgur.com/n8LMr

Oh great. I've nevery seen such a message before.
    Okay now it comes to updating your server properly:
    Did you copy all new files to your server directory and a full teamspeak3 server instance restart?

I copied all the files to the install directory overwrote all the folders and DLL's the only thing that remains is my license key. I right click exited the server from the system tray and re-ran it.

Stop the Server.
    Download the new files.
    BackUp your old Server folder.
    Overwrite the old files with the new files.
    Start the Server.

Ok I got it. The root cause was my own derpiness. There were multiple installs on my home server and I had updated the wrong one. This was made more difficult because I couldn't see all the task running as I have to remote into that machine. The annoying part is it was behaving like I wasn't updating the correct install or there was a different server running and I ignored the signs.. DERP. Anyway I have it resolved thank you very much for your help.

Thread Information