Forum

Solved [Suggestion] Request, grant and revoke talk power hot-key binds.

One thing I've noticed about teamspeak is that you can hotkey the Grant Newest Talk Power, but not request or revoke it. Which seems impractical as hell. I run a clan on a game which requires PTS in game, as do a lot of clans on a lot of platforms, and teamspeak is the best platform of communication. So a few of the leaders and I have come together and spoken about this potential feature where the event channel has a talk power, where people must request talk power in order to speak. But that means people must tab out in order to do so, whereas we can grant the power, but then to revoke it we have to tab out.

Would it not be possible to have it so that you can bind these keys to request, grant and revoke talk permissions? I think this'd be a good addition for the next update, or perhaps someone could make this as a plugin tool for clans and gaming communities? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Would it not be possible to have it so that you can bind these keys to request, grant and revoke talk permissions? I think this'd be a good addition for the next update, or perhaps someone could make this as a plugin tool for clans and gaming communities? Thanks!
    I think the idea for that "request talk power" featue was to forbid people from annoying.
    to revoke someone by hotkey, that seems hard to do, how would you know who to revoke?
    Plugin, well maybe plugin can remember last 3minutes granted "talk power" and revoke them. But is that always a case? Someone could just fly out from pc, and his phone rings next to mic,....

What server are we talking about, because I am not sure this will be done.
    Is it public? clan/private server?
    Are you sure you are not missing some featues to be used?

I was already thinking about this in past;-) and I would most likely see a way with channel commanders, or whispers to someone who is not gaming with you at the moment but has permissions to do what you need.
    For both of these you can have a hotkey when you will talk only to "channel commanders in channel family", which could mean like:
    - subchannel "healers" team leader
    - subchannel "tanks" team leader
    - clan member who is not playing and is in parent channel.

You might want to talk with some teamspeak2/teamspeak3 fan who knows it quite well. Cuz not everything is in manual. ;-)

Besides I preffer to run games in window mode :-) so there is no tabbing, just mouse out, and the lag of screen resolution change is not there :-) Usualy it is not straid forward to get game in window mode but it could be the solution you will preffer to use ;-).
    Just if you do, make sure to organize the windows/ts3client the most usable way then.

As already mentioned by Tomas revoking talk power by hotkey is not possible because you simply cannot know whose talk power to revoke when pressing the key.
    As for requesting talk power through a hotkey this needs to be discussed first. We will update this thread once we got new information on this.

Just got the update and checked, this is what I saw.

+ Added hotkey request talk power.
    + Added hotkey revoke all and grant next user talk power.
    + Added revoke talk power by double clicking the tree icon.
    + Added revoke talk power and revoke all and grant next user talk power toolbar
    action.
    \o/ Thanks to the guys at the Teamspeak team who've made my life easier!

Thread Information