Forum

Thread: Local Icons

Local Icons

So I had a virus that messed my computer but I was able to recover. When I opened TS the custom icons no longer show for me. What can I do to "re-download" them?

Thank you,

S9

I would appreciate any help on this.

Disconnect from all servers and then go to settings -> options -> security -> clear cache.
    After that is done restart TeamSpeak and connect to your server again. Icons should appear after a short time.

Thank you for your response. Some came back but some stay the little white paper to the right and nothing beside the person. How long does it usually take for all of them?

It usually shouldn't take more than 30 seconds, though it all depends on how many icons there are, how large the images are and on your internet speed.
    All the icons and images displayed inside the client need to be downloaded and cached on your local hard drive. If you are running extremely low on disk space that might be a reason to, though its increasingly unlikely. The more likely explanation would be that those icons that you cannot see are no longer available or cannot be accessed on the server or have been corrupted.

You (or the admin) should re-upload and reassign the icons... afterwards you should be able to see them again.

I have a pretty fast internet so that is not it. There are only about 5 or 7 small icons and like I said I got about half of them. I have a 1TB drive and only use 1% so no issues there. I am the admin of the server and I just put the icons on less than 3 months ago and have not removed them.

I had another machine that I cleared the cache on and it did not pull down all the icons either so could it be they are corrupt even if everyone else can see them?

In that case most likely you moved or something removed files subdirectory on your teamspeak3 server folder.

In order to confirm this theory:
    Your teamspeak3 server is running/installed where? on your computer?
    Can you open some channel filebrowser with files that were uploaded there prior your problems?

As I said they were removed directly on the server without the TeamSpeak server having any part in this. Other clients can still display them because the icons are still stored in their local cache.
    Just remove the Icons you cannot see using the client and then upload them again and reassign them to the channels and/or groups, afterwards they should be downloaded and displayed again.

will do. Thank you.

is there another way to solve this problem?

Thread Information