Forum

Bind Virtual Server to a specific IP

Hi,

im running an gentoo Linux Box and running TS3 on it at the moment everything is running on IP 1 but a friend of my wants his TS(the virtual server) bound to IP 2. Is there a way to bind one virtual Server to an specific ip, didn't find anything like this in the net. would be great if somone could help me. i appreciate your afford in advance.

greetings shaky

Read about ts3server.ini and voice_ip option.

does the ts3server.ini not change the ip bindings for the whole server instead of just 1 virtualserver?

Use TSDNS then.

Maybe i need to explain it a bit better,

the whole server is running on 1.1.1.1

vServer1 1.1.1.1: port
    vServer2 1.1.1.1: port
    vServer3 1.1.1.1: port
    vServer4 1.1.1.1: port

and i want to use for vServer1 2.2.2.2: port but all others should use still ip 1.1.1.1 it's not that i will die if it is not working but my dedicated server has 20 IPv4 IP's and at least one useful case would be awesome ^^ If it doesn't work i'll use just Domain-A for vServer1 and Domain-B for vServer2 till vServer 4

Hmmm...

I think that would be able to do with 2 server instances running and 2 different set of ports listening. F.e. you use voice_ip 1.1.1.1 on first and set 9987/10011/30033, and on second voice_ip 2.2.2.2 and 9988/10012/30034, just an example.

However I think that much better option is to use non-default voice ports (f.e. 9988 and 9989) so you can tell everyone to use 1.1.1.1:9988 and 2.2.2.2:9989 and even if somebody will try to use default one then he won't connect at all.

But personally I would point ts1.example.com to 1.1.1.1 and ts2.example.com to 2.2.2.2, use TSDNS to point ts1.example.com => 1.1.1.1:9988 and ts2.example.com => 2.2.2.2:9989 so if somebody will try to connect through our domain then he WON'T be able to override our "config" of ports and ts1.example.com:9989 won't work.

That's the easiest solution afaik.

There is no way to have one virtual server bind to ip 1 and the other to ip2, you will have to launch multiple instances of the server for this.

Just create a text file for each ip address you want to use which contains the following:
    Code:
    machine_id=1
    voice_ip=1.1.1.1
    query_ip=1.1.1.1
    filetransfer_ip=1.1.1.1
    for the 2nd IP it would look like this:
    Code:
    machine_id=2
    voice_ip=2.2.2.2
    query_ip=2.2.2.2
    filetransfer_ip=2.2.2.2
    and so on...

You can then just start the server multiple times like this:
    Code:
    ./ts3server_startscript.sh start inifile=ip1.ini
    ./ts3server_startscript.sh start inifile=ip2.ini
    of course you will have to use whatver filenames you used for the files you created.

That way you will still only use 1 database file and don't have to have multiple copies of the TeamSpeak server files on your server.
    There is no need to use different ports since you can bind each port once for every IP.

However please note that it is not recommended to have a single SQLite database for more than 1 instance. You can however use MySQL for that.
    Last edited by Chris; January 7th, 2015 at 11:33 AM.

Or don't restrict the listening IP for one server instance and use TSDNS to control the used IP.

Code:
    server1.host.ext=1.1.1.1:9987
    server2.host.ext=2.2.2.2:9988
    *=1.1.1.1:$PORT#
    Granted this would not force a server to IP 2.2.2.2 if they don't use the name server2.host.ext . But if you give out the names like this you also don't need to provide ports. And if you find you need to move any server's among the 20 IPs you have to even the load a little its as easy as editing the tsdns_settings.ini and calling the update. People already connected to ip 1.1.1.1 will not notice and remain connected, only using the new IP when they reconnect and those that connect using IP 4.4.4.4 will still be on the same server as those still connected via 1.1.1.1, just a different path. Only problem with TSDNS is those using the web server list in the client will connect directly to the ip:port reported by the server (This is a reason I've ask for a v-server address setting that is passed to the web server list, but I've not seen this added yet.)
    Last edited by Screech; November 12th, 2013 at 02:41 AM.

Question IP Change

How do i change the ip of my ts3server. I have 3 IPs available and I put it between one.

Sorry for bad english, google translator.

This thread was merged and answered in post #7
    Last edited by dante696; October 15th, 2012 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    There is no way to have one virtual server bind to ip 1 and the other to ip2, you will have to launch multiple instances of the server for this.

Just create a text file for each ip address you want to use which contains the following:
    Code:
    machine_id=1
    voice_ip=1.1.1.1
    query_ip=1.1.1.1
    filetransfer_ip=1.1.1.1
    for the 2nd IP it would look like this:
    Code:
    machine_id=2
    voice_ip=2.2.2.2
    query_ip=2.2.2.2
    filetransfer_ip=2.2.2.2
    and so on...

You can then just start the server multiple times like this:
    Code:
    ./ts3server_startscript.sh start inifile=ip1.ini
    ./ts3server_startscript.sh start inifile=ip2.ini
    of course you will have to use whatver filenames you used for the files you created.

That way you will still only use 1 database file and don't have to have multiple copies of the TeamSpeak server files on your server.
    There is no need to use different ports since you can bind each port once for every IP.
    1st,sorry for the bump..

but what if i use mysql db and run the teamspeak via cron?

Then you use MySQL database and launch it via cron (as weird of an idea it is)...
    What exactly is your problem?

Thread Information