Forum

Specific Access To User To Certain Channels

I have read this link http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...fic-channel%29 and can understand it but I think I may need some more advanced help. I created my TS for game usage and I have others that play different games then others. I created one virtual server and then created channels for each game on that server. Each channel has 1 to many sub channels.

I want to limit people who play lets say Game 1 from joining Any Game 2 Channels and Game 2 Players to not join Game 1 Channels.

I tried to change the join power setting for each server group. where game 1 Was lets say 10 and Game 2 was 11. However since game 2 was 11 it had higher access then Game 1 and could join both.

Any suggestions on how to go around this? I have tried all I am able to think of and even with the website for join power permission.

Thank For the Help!!

That is because you are using servergroups which as the name suggest give permission on the entire server. You on the other hand want to only give permissions for certain channels.

All you need to do is to make each game channel and the subchannels thereof require the same join power, then create a channelgroup which gives exactly that join power. now you only need to give the members that play game a this channelgroup in the game channel of game A (don't need to bother about the subchannels it gets inherited), members playing game b will receive the same channel group in the channel for game b. Members playing multiple games will receive the same channel group in every game channel they should have access to.

If you have many channels you need to restrict and only a few to leave open for everyone then you can also reverse the process and do the following:
    all public channels get an i_channel_needed_join_power of -10
    Server group guest gets an i_channel_join_power of -10
    Channel group guest gets an i_channel_join_power of -10

Channel group Member gets an i_channel_join_power of 1

The advantage now is that every newly created channel is now locked and only available to the respective members. For example if you create a new subchannel in game c then with this setup only members in game c can access that channel, where as with the other solution everyone would be able to access it until you modified the channel to require join power. So this solution saves a bit of hassle with new channels.

Thank you!! Helped me a lot. I figured I had to create Channel groups and then set the clients in channel group manually ( or unless they are in that channel to being with ). I was wondering if there is a way to view who connects to my server and the Unique ID key so i don't need to do this when they are logged on. I know about List All clients, But it is missing 3 people that have already connected to my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0612 View Post
    I know about List All clients, But it is missing 3 people that have already connected to my server.
    Hit more button few times in that window. if they are not showing then, they were removed from database during montly cleanup process.

Thread Information