Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solved Illegal Teamspeak use Solution.

Hello!

Well, I dunno probably many people will get mad angry or i dunno.
    But i really recomend Developers think about that, i'll explain my friend case.

My friend bought a server from a @$%#%#% website first month it was really fine even the server was very cheap that's why he bought there.,,,, then he bought other server we had 40 people and 50 people server.
    Well after the 3° months the website and teamspeak server disappeared. there's no where to contact and they don't answer emails, well they stole his money..

So investigating i found that the guy had 512 slots server, with 10 servers. Non-Profit License (NPL).

In my opinion, please really think about that, there are many people offering teamspeak servers with paying and are Non-Profit License (NPL)....

So i have this solution, When someone joins a server Shows a Menssage:
    "HELLO, YOU WILL JOIN TO (NPL) SERVER, CLICK ACCEPT FOR ACCESS"

If you join from ATHP it shows nothing. like we do now.

Well i don't know what do you think, but it's a good notifier between FREE LICENCE AND ATHP.
    Cause we as users we don't really know if the IP we bought is ATHP or NPL....
    I know you have a solution sending the IP for checking to your email. but you take 3 o 5 days to answer.

I HOPE YOU CONSIDER MY CASE CAUSE MANY NPL are selling servers.

"GUYS DON'T BUY VERY CHEAP SERVERS ALL OF THEM ARE ILLEGAL SOMEDAY WILL BE OFF"

You can find a list of ATHPs sorted by country/region here.
    There you can lookup in a few minutes if your hoster is ATHP or has no legal license.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxe___ View Post
    You can find a list of ATHPs sorted by country/region here.
    There you can lookup in a few minutes if your hoster is ATHP or has no legal license.
    Yes i know about this website, the fact is that many people donīt know about this site and buys from anyother person or website what is offering that... when they buy they don't know if it's legal or not. that thing happened to my friend.

I hope you consider this: something that notify this is a NPL server, just that

So i have this ideas:

1) When someone joins a server Shows a Menssage before join:
    "HELLO, YOU WILL JOIN TO (NPL) SERVER, CLICK ACCEPT FOR ACCESS"

2) On the Server Description:
    Name:░░▒▓ My TS Server
    Address: XXX.xxxx.xxx.xxxx:9999
    Version:3.0.6.1 (29/06/2012 02:59:05 a.m.) on Linux
    License: NPL --> Totaly Free Not Paid
    License: ATHP --> Authorize Host Provider

Uptime:4 days 12 hours 56 minutes 25 seconds
    Current Channels:78

Or any small icon, or in server description.... something that says ----> ""Hello you are in NPL Server""
    so people know that server shouldn't be paid.

Well i just say that cause it's my friend case, they stole his money and i think my friend is not the only one with that problem.
    Last edited by hh-snake; September 29th, 2012 at 04:53 AM.

No modal dialogs please. A note in the server description should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by maggy View Post
    No modal dialogs please. A note in the server description should be enough.
    And a field in the server list.

Don't like that... why should me and my friend who rightfully use a NPL licence be molested with some warnings?

Quote Originally Posted by hh-snake View Post

+1 This is a good idea, Please consider adding. This will increase the trust of ATHP's and shed some light on those that may not be following the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    Don't like that... why should me and my friend who rightfully use a NPL licence be molested with some warnings?
    I think, This is no Warnings it just confirm to users that your server is free and not must be paid.

Quote Originally Posted by hh-snake View Post

Wow, very Nice idea, it's just like Texas Says

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTeamspeak View Post
    +1 This is a good idea, Please consider adding. This will increase the trust of ATHP's and shed some light on those that may not be following the rules.
    I think many people want a very cheap teamspeak server, there are some websites that offer 6 usd per month 50 users. LoL
    Some friends had bought form them cause is very cheap. Even those websites says we sell original teamspeak LoL.

So it's a good idea what HH-SNAKE says cause we as teamspeak users we could know were we are, in a FREE TS or ATHP TS.
    Cause if My friends see that, they won't buy servers there. Or the hoster must Pay the very expensive fees that the ATHP'S do for selling.

Even i have these ideas

A). To block mobile access (NPL can't connect To mobile)
    B). To add an description in web server list --->. Authorized Host Provider ----> NPL Teamspeak.
    Last edited by varela1george; September 30th, 2012 at 02:19 AM.

There is a problem. You can just see the description after you bought the server. So no garantue that you will get your money back. Of cause, you clould ask for a running server to connect to and view the description there. However then you can look at the athp finder tool instead.

An ATHP can also end his service of ts3, so there is no guarantee that the server is supported ... additionaly a special version for ATHPs must be compiled.
    This is a useless request.

A little bit more attention to order a server is more significant!

Quote Originally Posted by Elradon View Post
    There is a problem. You can just see the description after you bought the server. So no garantue that you will get your money back. Of cause, you clould ask for a running server to connect to and view the description there. However then you can look at the athp finder tool instead.
    That's the point,, after that we know that the server is an NPL (illegal use) then we can do a chargeback, talk to the bank or payment system provider even to report that to teamspeak.com

The problem is that many people don't know the athp finder tool, so on server description it's a good thing that says,
    "Hello, You bought a Free Teamspeak" Ask for a Refund!!
    Last edited by hh-snake; September 30th, 2012 at 08:11 PM.

We're aware that several people are abusing the NPL to sell servers anyway and we'll do everything that's possible to solve these problems (without harassing users with modal dialogs on every connection attempt). We've already made some restrictions so it's not as easy to get an NPL as it was before... and we've several other things in mind that will help us identify illegal servers.

+1 To that idea.

That week i received in my company a lot of spanish customers that their ilegal provider close their services.

They told me about http://vozservers.com/ as a non ATHP company.

Maybe Teamspeak Server should have a check into a Teamspeak.Inc internal database of IPs, where ATHP can register the IPs of our servers via our ATHP area. If a IP is not register the process could shutdown or restart every 5 minutes.

Here, you can report any illegal teamspeak use. (sellers or illegal teamspeak servers) NPL --> selling too

Piracy Issues: [email protected]

Just send the website, the teamspeak ip address and if it's possble the complete address and port. telling them what are they doing.

i also recommend to write here in this forum so we can see who are illegal and who is not xD

Thread Information