Forum

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Are you talking about Sub-Channel?

That's right, create sub temporary channels

Trying to limit what groups can create a temporary sub-channels in pararent channels

Hello all,

My clan leader and I are trying to get our TS server where we can allow certain server group the perms to create temporary sub-channels in certain channels. We have set up the rooms (channels), we are now trying to limit what groups can create a temporary sub-channels on those channels and can't figure that out how at the moment.

Is there a way to do this, if so could someone please explain how.

Thanks in advance.

Hey,

via server group itīs not possible to limit the "b_channel_create_child" to chosen channels.
    For example how it could works: Create a new channel group/copy an old one and set "b_channel_create_child". After that you add your users to the new channel group in every chosen channel.

That seems like a lot of work later down the road. Sure we are small now but what happens when we have 100+ members, and people are constantly joining and leaving?

Here is what we want we have three server groups that are used for members of the clan. we want these three server groups to be able to create temporary sub-channels in, right now, 3 parent channels. we have three server groups for non members of the clan and we wish for them not to have this ability.

Is there any other ways other than what -Simple suggested?

I found a solution which you might like.. You must also create a new channel group for this, but your members will be added automatically to the new group via script.
    If you are interested, I could show / explain it to you.

Subchannel creation permissions.

In some servers, everyone can create a temporary channel but I don't want people to create channel in the server root so I've created a channel(spacer) called "custom channels", where I want people to be able to create their own temporary subchannels with password.
    How do I have to set the permissions to allow everyone to create subchannels ONLY inside the "custom channels" channel and nowhere else.
    Last edited by dante696; November 9th, 2018 at 09:33 AM. Reason: merged

Thread Information