Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved changing provider how do i keep channels passwords and settings etc

is it possible, as at the moment i have over 100 channels, its a gaming community, and i need to change provider and keep all settings passwords etc, can it be done, with a plugin or something?

Simply copy ts3server.sqlitedb and files/ directory from your old TS3 folder (and licensekey, if you have one).

ive asked my provider to send me those details, they said that file contains all databases from all of their users so they cant do that and that they dont have a database just for my server, is that correct?

It could be correct, you don't have access to files itself but you can use third-party software for that f.e. this one. However you need to establish ServerQuery connection, you need web server etc. I'm nearly sure that there are much easier ways to do it but I've only used this software and I can't help you more with searching :P. Good luck.

Yes, that is correct. the database file contains the settings for all virtual servers.
    You can however ask your current provider to create a snapshot of your virtual server and then ask your new provider if they could create your server from a snapshot. If they agree you just send your new provider the snapshot provided to you by your current hoster.
    If your new provider doesn't want to deploy the snapshot then there is little you can do but recreate everything from scratch.

thanks yous

Thread Information