Forum

Question LockUp on Exit/Destroy: onConnectStatusChangeEvent + Connection

I'm using the Csharp library that's included with the SDK. I'm using this inside of the Unity engine. Everything works fine until I exit the application.

The two things that will cause the lock-up on destruction are:
    *I've assigned an onConnectStatusChangeEvent
    *Successfully connect to a server.
    If both of these are met, I will get the lock-up only when the application is destroyed.

I'm thinking it might be an issue with how TeamSpeak SDK is handling the destruction?

I've attached the only two source code files that I've created/edited. Everything else is exactly the same from the csharp example code.
    VoiceTest.zip

Any help would be appreciated.

Update:
    Here's a complete Csharp example (Not using Unity), that demonstrates destroyClientLib hangs, no errors are returned.
    ts3TEST.zip
    Last edited by Ceashure; January 10th, 2012 at 10:14 PM.

Without testing it inside Unity, looking at the code makes the reason of the hang clear: You should not call destroyClientLib() from within a TS3 clientlib callback. Rather set a flag and then destroy the lib from your applications main loop.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    Without testing it inside Unity, looking at the code makes the reason of the hang clear: You should not call destroyClientLib() from within a TS3 clientlib callback. Rather set a flag and then destroy the lib from your applications main loop.
    I realized this yesterday and changed that code so it all ran inside the main thread. This fixed the Csharp version, but the Unity version of the code still seems to be freezing when the Application is closed. The Unity version (in the first post) was all ran inside the main thread, in addition the event call that makes this happen has no code in it whatsoever. Just the fact that I'm adding the "onConnectStatusChangeEvent" Event (with no code being executed in it's callback), then making a successful connection seems to cause this freezing. Commenting out the 1 line of code that adds the "onConnectStatusChangeEvent" Event resolves the issue, but I still need to be able to use that function.

Exclamation Same Problem

Hi Guys

I am also facing the exact same issue.
    During my initial research and integration of teamspeak with Unity3D, i have some problems in the test project that i am making.The server i am using is "ts3_server_minimal_sample " provided by the sdk 3.0.1. I am able to connect and disconnect it properly, and for client i am using Unity 3.5.4 and using C# as the language. I took the C# example provided with the SDK and made essential changes so as to work in unity.

So the problem i am facing is :

The teamspeak client cannot open the playback and voice cature devices. The error message i am getting in my application is :

Error opening playback device : ERROR_sound_unknown_device
    Error opening capture device : ERROR_sound_unknown_device

The teamspeak log does not show any error. This is the teamspeak log created by the library
    2012-09-17 17:21:14.343750|INFO | | | Logging started, clientlib version: 3.0.1 [Build: 1315490704] SDK

What is the cause/solution for the problem. Also when i quit my application, the application hangs and does not quit. I have to End its task through task manager. I am releasing the connection handler and the client library, so why is that happening, is there anything else to be released also ?
    Another thing, the application only hangs after i connect to server atleast once, if i dont connect to server, application exits fine.
    A speedy response would be very helpful.

Thanks

Maddymac

Not sure as to your specific problems, and without some example source I doubt we can tell you much.

However I see you are using the 3.0.1 SDK, you might want to update to SDK 3.0.2 which is available at the bottom of our downloads page. Maybe that fixes some of your problems.

Problem not solved

Hi

I Updated to the latest version 3.0.2, still i have both the issues,
    -Error opening capture device: ERROR_sound_unknown_device
    -Error opening playback device: ERROR_sound_unknown_device
    in the initilization part.
    and the app hangs on application exit when we had a connection atleast once, otherwise it quits fine.

Quote Originally Posted by maddymac View Post
    Hi

I Updated to the latest version 3.0.2, still i have both the issues,
    -Error opening capture device: ERROR_sound_unknown_device
    -Error opening playback device: ERROR_sound_unknown_device
    in the initilization part.
    and the app hangs on application exit when we had a connection atleast once, otherwise it quits fine.
    Yep, I still had the same issues, I ended switching to a better solution after lack of support here (no offense but the company I work for didn't have a year to wait for a reply) and haven't looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceashure View Post
    I ended switching to a better solution .

Can you tell me what solution you are using ?

Thread Information