Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

I need some help about Teamspeak 3 Service Wrapper

Hi guys,

Well last time i get a reply on a forum mod that he suggest me to use service wrapper plugin for mine teamspeak server... Wel i try to install it but i had some issues...

1st: whit the config file the query port is by default = 10011 but what is the default value for query_ip=0.0.0.0 ?
    2nd: By the installation they say click on the install.bat file... If i do that i get a popup screen whit account and password section.... My question is which account they mean?? Because the first time i just fill a accound name that i usual use on websites and enter my password but after i press ok... then you will see that the command prompt rollback the proces and that the installation is failed....

Thanks
    Barry

Barrybe

Re1: query_ip=0.0.0.0 is mean that will use deflaut bind server adress. That option is for servers who have more than one ip asing to one machine. So if you don`t set up run params while teamspeak starts left this option or use Your server IP adress.

Re2: From the manual "Enter the account, the service should run with, in the first textbox and enter the password for this
    account in the second and third textbox. Than press ok. The installation is finished." So you need decide what account will be used to run ts3 service under his rights. You can use you Windows User and Password. Or create new user only for running this service (like ts3).

Quote Originally Posted by polski View Post
    Barrybe

Re1: query_ip=0.0.0.0 is mean that will use deflaut bind server adress. That option is for servers who have more than one ip asing to one machine. So if you don`t set up run params while teamspeak starts left this option or use Your server IP adress.

Re2: From the manual "Enter the account, the service should run with, in the first textbox and enter the password for this
    account in the second and third textbox. Than press ok. The installation is finished." So you need decide what account will be used to run ts3 service under his rights. You can use you Windows User and Password. Or create new user only for running this service (like ts3).
    Thanks for your reply polski... But so it does'n matter which accound i use for the setup... so i can even make for example test = accoundname and 12121212 i= password but i did try that allready and the setup will rollback the whole installation and if i go check the services window... there is no new server added so must i reboot the server for that ? more advice please

As the manual says, you need to provide the account data for any valid (thus already existing) Windows user account! So whatever you use to log into windows will do. Otherwise you can create a new restricted user account in the control panel and use those information.

As for the Ip you need to use whatever IP the teamspeak server should be listening on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    As the manual says, you need to provide the account data for any valid (thus already existing) Windows user account! So whatever you use to log into windows will do. Otherwise you can create a new restricted user account in the control panel and use those information.

As for the Ip you need to use whatever IP the teamspeak server should be listening on.
    ya ok but for example on my own computer there is no user accound setup whit a password on it my windows just start up whitout user accound password thing... On our company server i had a administrator login whit a password yes ... but i tried to do the setup and the loging whit the administrator + password and after that i press ok and you will see at the end it says setup failed... rollback is succesfull... and there is nothing i do wrong i guess i mean i just put it like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <configuration>
    <appSettings>
    <add key="StartupFile" value="C:\Users\Stevo\Desktop\TS3server\ts3server_ win64.exe"/>
    <add key="WorkingDirectory" value="C:\Users\Stevo\Desktop\TS3server"/>
    <add key="StartupParameters" value="query_port=10011 query_ip=0.0.0.0"/>
    <add key="HideProcess" value="true"/>
    </appSettings>
    </configuration>

So i think there is nothing wrong whit it ...
    Ps: i read your message over and over again maybe the query_ip = add there the server ip in normaly if you use 1 server this is not needed iguess but i can try maybe that helps ... or what

By the way i added the error message that i receive in the install.bat file... maybe this helps

Thanks
    Barry
    Attached Files Attached Files

There are always user accounts on any system, just because you don't get asked to provide the information does not mean there aren't any. It merely means that the credentials were saved and are automatically entered and you won't notice any of this.
    Just create a new User in the Control Panel and enter the credentials in the wrapper setup.

There are always user accounts on any system, just because you don't get asked to provide the information does not mean there aren't any. It merely means that the credentials were saved and are automatically entered and you won't notice any of this.
    Just create a new User in the Control Panel and enter the credentials in the wrapper setup.
    there are some user accounds on our server yes but there is only 1 main acound and that is the admnistrator account so... So create a new user accound will be solve the solution you think?

Then explain me why it wont work on my own computer either??? and i using only 1 account on my pc ... So creating a new user whit password will solve this proiblem

I'm feeling this is the 3rd time I am telling you that either specifying a valid user account, or if you don't know any create one and use that data, should solve this issue.

It's not working at home because the service still needs to know the login data... the login part of windows might know the password and username and log you in automatically at startup, but the data is not exposed and cannot be accessed by the service part. You need to enter the information...

Which user account you use does not matter, just that it exists and can log in matters. You should not be using an Administrative account though.

well hmmm

I'm feeling this is the 3rd time I am telling you that either specifying a valid user account, or if you don't know any create one and use that data, should solve this issue.

It's not working at home because the service still needs to know the login data... the login part of windows might know the password and username and log you in automatically at startup, but the data is not exposed and cannot be accessed by the service part. You need to enter the information...

Which user account you use does not matter, just that it exists and can log in matters. You should not be using an Administrative account though.
    this is funny cause i get the same error and i am giving the administrator account name and password my user account and password and have even gone so far as to make a new account and password...logged in to make sure all user data files are created for the account then logged out ran the wrapper again and hey guess what same error so it is NOT a user account info issue

on a side note before you get aggrivated with someone make sure YOU are reading what they are saying. you told him the same thing 3 times and he told you that he has given it the info /facepalm

had same problem here is solution

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhtm View Post
    this is funny cause i get the same error and i am giving the administrator account name and password my user account and password and have even gone so far as to make a new account and password...logged in to make sure all user data files are created for the account then logged out ran the wrapper again and hey guess what same error so it is NOT a user account info issue

on a side note before you get aggrivated with someone make sure YOU are reading what they are saying. you told him the same thing 3 times and he told you that he has given it the info /facepalm
    You have to add .\ before your windows account name! Example Username: .\Xoplex
    This will solve your problem

XO

That didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by xoplex View Post
    You have to add .\ before your windows account name! Example Username: .\Xoplex
    This will solve your problem

XO

I tried that, as I'm having the same problem. It did not work for me either.

Thread Information