Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Using Webcam causes issues

Hi Guys

Ive been using TS3 for a loooong time, and havent had any "major" issues untill now - so thanks for that!

But recently I started livestreaming a little, mostly for the fun part of it, but then I noticed, everytime I use my webcamera and launch TS3 afterwards, it says "the configured playback/capture device was not found" although im not using my webcam for anything in relation to TS3. It tells me it will use, what I have always been using, with or with out the camera on instead, which apparently wont work.

If I launch TS3 first, everythings is fine, expect now I cant use my webcam, it only shows up as black, if not stated by software as "not present".

So... Any idea at all what might cause this kind of trouble?

Windows 7 x64
    Teamspeak 3 client fully updated, aswell as the server
    My webcam is a Logitech Quickcam
    My headset is Creative Tactic3D Wrath Wireless

Thanks in advance.

- Andy // e-nifleR

It might be that attaching the camera changes the windows default device which would cause the client to attempt to use it and fail.
    Try setting the playback and capture device in the TeamSpeak settings explicitly to the device you want to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It might be that attaching the camera changes the windows default device which would cause the client to attempt to use it and fail.
    Try setting the playback and capture device in the TeamSpeak settings explicitly to the device you want to use.
    Hi and thx for answering.

I tried going to settings and change the devices used for both playback and capture(tried changing the mode too) - without luck. Still states that my sound/microphone is disabled. I also tried changing to my other soundcard (M-Audio Audiophile 2496) - still no luck there either.

- e-nifleR

Thread Information