Forum

Solved permissions - Manage icons

Hello developers,

Intro:
    We have a server which is supporting a certain game. There are clans that have a channel(let's call it all channel branch), and these clan Channel admins, can create only subchannels and permission's are all retuned fine. They don't need serverGroup to be able to give someone priority speaker or modify few channel permissions.
    It is also set in a way that they can assign few serverwide icon groups.

Problem:
    In order to let these leaders set channel icon, or custom client icon inside a subchannel(like rank for some game map or so) they need b_icon_manage permission. To allow them to upload any icon I have to grant them i_max_icon_filesize that is all fine.
    The main issue I have is in situation that some joker, will delete icon that is outside scope of their permissions reach.
    Example: custom icon uploaded for ChannelGroup Not welcome or icon for some serverGroup(clan tag), or serverGroup icon of Meta admins.

Solutions:
    bad: Adding permission to delete icon?
    good: Before deleting icon, and removing icon permission(in past server would left there icon number in permission with file not present), check needed group modify power(i_group_needed_modify_power) from groups using this icon.
    Last edited by Tomas; October 17th, 2012 at 03:53 PM.

This is a very special case, usually only admins upload icons and regular users shouldn't upload icons.
    This will not be included.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    This is a very special case, usually only admins upload icons and regular users shouldn't upload icons.
    This will not be included.
    What do you mean regular users?
    Have I said that everyone aside guest servergroup has this permission? I must have missed that.
    There is a server where if this would work 10 other users would have this permission. now are you trying to imply that the server in question have only what 11 ? 111 registered users?

There is also this detail that I mentioned and it didn't run away between my fingers. In very old ts3 version if user deleted an icon, permissions would still be set to that number of an icon.
    The ts3server versions we have now, also delete this permission. I am just asking to do additional check as you have dome some changes in other places anyway.
    I want only check belofe deleting an icon. what is so hard on that? Is it something harder than SRV DNS implementation? I am missing the reasoning.

For the fool, that rated my responce quite positively:
    The way it is directed now, is very specific. Making teamspeak3 allow to go only in one direction because support and implementation for any other is simply..... Rejected.

Btw, You don't know what is arrogance yet. That would be more like: "I don't care make it done." Now why did I went all the trouble to extend my description of the problem?

The feature you want isn't worth the work to implement it.
    The managing of Icons should be the job from Admins and not from everyone on your server.

Thread closed
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information