Forum

Thumbs down Anyone can add themselves to server groups..

Greetings.

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but I did do some searching and found little relevant results.

Anyhow. Anybody on my Teamspeak 3 server can add themselves to groups, which is quite annoying and a huge security issue. We're hosting a 250 slot on our own server and have access to all the files if need be, but the permissions on Teamspeak make little sense, simply because guests have no power to do anything, yet they're capable of adding themselves to groups.

Here's a picture of whats granted for Guest
    Name:  D2pHT.png
Views: 585
Size:  65.8 KB

All of the other groups are still able to add themselves to groups. Can anyone point me in the right direction here and tell me what I'm missing?

Running the latest client/server versions.

Look at the i_group_needed_member_add_power and i_group_needed_member_remove_power permissions of the groups you don't want them adding or removing themselves or others to/from.

As Screech already indicated you seem to have removed the i_group_needed_member_add_power permission from all groups, which is a bad thing, since it allows everyone to add people to those groups.

You should be able to fix it with the following command on the server query:
    Code:
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=15 permsid=i_group_needed_member_add_power permvalue=75 permnegated=0 permskip=0
    Last edited by Chris; October 22nd, 2012 at 03:29 PM.

Thread Information