Hi there,

next on my todo list is to update the teamspeak server for my community. On connect there is recently a popup (Blah, server is outdated/whatever)

License:
1 Server
512 Slots

My first problem is the update procedure. As I have it once, I could not use encryption. Only wiping the whole server fixed it. Recently, I took a look at the updatefiles and saw instructions like
ALTER TABLE whatever
UPDATE TABLE something blah VARCHAR(255)

Is this how the updates are done??
So if there are fast regular cyclic updates, this is then very care intense for an admin. No need to tell that I need to parse manually each updatefile from version to version and HOPE that I haven't missed a line containing update instructions so someting may break in future or is already broken.

So, since I also want to avoid downtimes, I thought:

Second server, slots are not important, but should be like maybe 5 to test rights which in my opinion is more than complicated (but thats another story).

As I read the license which I have, it is for me not clear if I'm able to setup
- 10 servers max, each 512 slots max
- 10 servers with a total of 512 slots (f.e. 1x512, 5x102, 2x256) <- where I think this may it be
So please add WITH A TOTAL, its better to understand.

And now my problem. Since it is for me that I first need to discover and study this overbloated rights system without touching the existing server, is it possible to setup another server or will it be blocked because of license blahblah? Sure, I could setup a Teamspeak server at another ip, which may work, but in this case teamspeak should have an option for developers, testers, admins, whatever to use a kind of restricted license/whatever to complete their work.

After completition I thought about comparing users and channel tables, and using the existing data for the new server. As I mentioned before, I do not trust those changelogs, I do not trust myself in "I could be missing a line for MySQL" and thats why I'd like to create another instance on same ip to test it. Possible?

Kind regards,

Us3r