Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Exclamation ServerGroup Dialoug says "invalid clientID"

Hello!

I've got a little error with my database. I clicked on "ServerQuery Admins" in the "server groups dialoug" and then I got an error message:

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSpeak 3 Client
    <21:33:09> invalid clientID
    I had this error last week already and I fixed it with a backup of the database file "ts3server.sqlitedb". But I got this error within 7 days. I don't know, if the error occures by the beta version of the ts client, cause I haven't checked that before.

I hope, somebody can help me to fix that problem permanantly and not just for a few days.

By the way: If I have to fix the database manually with commands, I'll need an instruction for it.

Thanks forwarding!

EDIT: I deleted a few "old" serveradmin clients and it still works again correctly... But can somebody explain me, why this error occurs, if I'm not adding someone to this group?!
    Last edited by Sebi94; October 23rd, 2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: EDIT: +Edit

Adding clients to the query groups is not supported, nor recommended, or required. It can cause lots of problems.
    Anything that is possible with the TeamSpeak client can be done with the regular Server Admin group so that group is sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Adding clients to the query groups is not supported, nor recommended, or required. It can cause lots of problems.
    Okay, but if this problem is known, why won't you fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Anything that is possible with the TeamSpeak client can be done with the regular Server Admin group so that group is sufficient.
    Yeah, you're right. But problems like "I deleted the server admin group." or "I've got an error with my permissions and can't fix it, cause I haven't the needed permissions." can't be fixed without the ServerQuery Admin. And therefore is a client in this group better, cause it's much easier than using the commands to fix it...

There is no problem unless you screw around with the query groups.

Also the query group doesn't prevent those issues, even worse all the same can happen with the query group as well... messed around with the query group permissions once and you might be screwed forever.

The recommended way is to use the Server admin group and if you cannot or don't want to trust anyone else then give them an admin group with lowered permissions and the critical permissions removed. Now they can't screw anything up which cannot be fixed by the regular server admin.

Thread Information