Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

ToDo List [3.0.9 ] Insufficient permissions latency factor even that there was no change

Hi.

EDIT: Server 3.0.6.1, Client 3.0.9
    EDIT2: Ok, I checked with client 3.0.8.1 and I could edit channel without problems (add name/change password) but right after that client 3.0.9 couldn't do anything even with SAME permissions.DEVS?

Recently people started reporting to me that they can't edit their channel names/passwords.
    This happens due to insufficent permission on modify channel codec latency factor.

I was surprised because they couldn't modify it, the minimum for Guest server group is 0 therefore I couldn't see where problem lies.

Apparently when I (as server admin) clicked edit channel and OK (without changing anything), channel was edited!

Example (before edit):
    http://cap.ring0.cc/84a26eebbe5eb74d...b7bd14f24f.png

While editing (as server admin)
    http://cap.ring0.cc/405d17ea99993efe...ed13cbcec7.png

After edit:
    http://cap.ring0.cc/5c4c146a69ed6baf...0d1c7f2ce1.png
    http://cap.ring0.cc/602a84caa0883eb6...296043f22f.png

This doesn't make any sense. Apparently this codec latency factor was modified (as this is permission which restricts regular channel admins from modifying their channels) but in GUI it seems that no changes were being made.

thanks in advance for your support!

Thank you for your report.
    We can reproduce this behavior/bug and our developers will be informed as soon as possible.
    Last edited by dante696; October 26th, 2012 at 07:28 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thanks, pls let me know if this behavior can be fixed by using mass Server Query (like updating all channels with some specific parameters).

Thanks

This can be fixed temporary with the permission enabled in your target channel/server group.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

That's not a solution as you mentioned, even temporary. Thanks, I'll check this topic frequently

Channel editing error

This thread got merged

Hi there
    So, i encountered, that channel groups has been bugged after that update, maybe it's caused new version, maybe that client update, updates also a groups.
    Ok, so at all, channel admin can't edit channel, name, password,topic, description. What's funny, error here:
    insufficient client permissions (failed on b_channel_modify_codec_quality)
    insufficient client permissions (failed on i_channel_create_modify_with_codec_maxquality)

In the earlier versions, you don't have to check both of that two permissions, but now, if unchecked, client can't edit all channel properties.
    Now my channel admin rank looks like this:
    Name:  bugts.png
Views: 3847
Size:  169.0 KB
    and some users still have this problem. Sometimes it bugging, so i can't edit channel properties, sometimes i can.

Hope we get resolve this problem right here for ever and ever
    Last edited by dante696; October 31st, 2012 at 10:45 AM.

Morfi, You can edit channels without any problems, because your permission are the highest, as "server admin" or "serverquery admin". Some groups, if have got unchecked some permissions at channel tree cant edit, we mean here about channel admin group. Question is, which permissions, and what values in it is needed so channel admin can edit channels. As You writted before, even if I don't touch anything in audio settings, server replies insufficient permissions

Today I realized new problem.
    Even after granting channel administrators access to modify latency factor (which I didn't want to do anyway), they could edit already existing channels BUT... imagine a scenario.

I created channel and 2 sub-channels in it, I throw user into parent channel and grant him channel admin. He can edit all 3 channels (main and 2 subs).
    Now if I create 1 more sub-channels, he won't be able to edit it, he will get lack of codecs' modify (not latency(!)) permissions.
    It doesn't work to revoke his rights to guest and back to channel admin, but if new users comes (without any permissions) and I grant him CA on parent channel he'll be able to edit all of them (4).

It is client problem because in version =< 3.0.8.1 problem doesn't exist.

What pisses me off is that they refuse to give any information on what they f*cked up in order to help us manage our servers. Everything is so secret.
    For them it seems not to be a problem, lets simply give everyone full permissions and shut up.

Once again I'll be delighted, devs, if you can throw me a bone here what has changed and how can I fix it.
    I'll also mention that I'm using Ts3 php framework to create channels where I need to specify all the details like latency factor/codec quality (if it matters).

edit: now I granted them codecs (quality and factor) and get <11:44:22> insufficient client permissions (failed on b_channel_modify_maxclients)

badwords and swaering removed
    Last edited by dante696; November 2nd, 2012 at 09:14 AM.

Bug permission channel ts3 client V. 3.0.9

Hello, I found a bug in version 3.0.9.
    When users try to change the topic or in another channel, live their error (failed on b_channel_modify_name)
    Simply reconnect to the server in order to change the topic
    The permissions are set correctly and there are no problems for the client prior versions of the 3.0.9
    you can fix this bug as soon as possible?
    Thanks

I am still getting the latency factor permission problem with newly created channels, although if the client disconnects and logs in again it works fine.

I have already lost customers over this issue and had to enable the permission to all my server admin groups to prevent it from happening.

It is still an issue for newly created channels only - please fix soon.

This Issue will be fixed with Client 3.0.10

editing existing channels

Since the latest patch I've had installed, if I'm not mistaken iti s 3.0.8.2, which is the latest as far as I know.
    In 90% of the cases I can't edit channels I've created or other channels, even though i'm the Channel Admin of the parent channel.
    And it happened to everyone on the same teamspeak with me.

You already can update your client to 3.0.10 beta since december, if you really need that fix in your client.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...-Client-3-0-10

Thanks for removing my posts. It's greatly appreciated.

I did that myself, how about thousand other people using TeamSpeak, should I force them to join beta too? Is it their fault?

Thread Information