Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

TS3 Taking screenshots and videos

This thread was merged

Is there a way to disable TS3 for taking screenshots and videos. I am hating having to go delete these.
    Last edited by dante696; December 4th, 2012 at 07:50 AM.

The overlay was updated to version 3.7.10. This version has more checks for the problem with screenshots.
    http://ts3overlay.r-dev.de/download/
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thank you for the link "dante696"

I got a error installing. So i restart my PC and do it again and it installed.

And the screenshot and record video buttons are gone now.

I hope this fix the unwanted screenshot and video recording.

We'd like to hear about any feedback

This error appears, when the overlay is still hooked into applications. This happens, when Windows itself does not release the dll's.
    Last edited by dante696; December 18th, 2012 at 03:22 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Is it possible that TeamSpeak 3 gets a Global update, and add the new overlay in it?

Because i am sure that most people don't know this bug, and are filling up there HDD/SSD space and not knowing it, wat is filling up there HDD space.

I had 3gig of random screenshot sitting in the
    C:\Users\!!!username!!!\AppData\Roaming\ts3overlay \logs folder, and my SSD was slowly filling up. And i have been using TS3 overlay for like 20 days.

,Nisco

No global update, but the beta version with overlay 3.7.10 included
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...-Client-3-0-10

Ok thank you again, i will help to test the Beta version then

ts3 overlay captured video without permission

This thread was merged

this was something absurd that happened. I was playing Planetside 2 as usual and all of a sudden I noticed frame rates took a dive. I alt tabbed and saw a low disk space warning. I took a look and saw that my 240GB ssd drive has 0 bytes left free space (!!). Turns out ts3 overlay is the culprit behind this. (see screenshot) All relative information is included in the screenshot. Let me know if you need anything else.

Unbeknownst to me, the overlay was recording video of my gameplay and more importantly without my permission or any settings changed.

i dont ever want this to happen again. How do i stop this?

All options in overlay are standard except for "use in game cursor" and "mouse hook all threads."

Also, I dont know if this is related or not, but I was having a lot of difficulty moving the overlay around in-game. When i set a hotkey for the overlay, it made no visual response when pressed. I had no manually go to the planetside2.exe profile and set the X and Y coordinates. The planetside2 profile mirrors the default profile except for the x and y coords. This should probably be a different bug report, let me know.

update: upon looking at the recording it started towards the very end of when i was playing (~30min). I am quite certain that any keys i was pressing was normal. Is there a hotkey that could have been triggered for recording? To my knowledge, it started on its own.
    Last edited by dante696; December 23rd, 2012 at 11:03 AM.

Not sure if this helps, but as this bug has been annoying me a bit I thought I'd do some checking. Firstly, this error appears in versions 3.7.9 and 3.7.11 for me.
    I believe I can reliably reproduce the Screenshot bug in Guild Wars 2. I have found that every time I left click the mouse button in the lower left hand corner of the screen it creates a screenshot. The active area *seems* to be about the height of the TSOverlay toolbar that appears when you activate the in-game Configuration option. Could this be related to the game 'picking up' the mouse clicks and passing them to this hidden toolbar?

So I then tried it by clicking a little bit in from the left edge of the screen (where the toolbar shows the Record button) and BINGO! the recording function stops and starts if I click ingame where the non-visible TS3overlay toolbar Record button is....

Hope this helps...

Screenshot and Video Capture bug

I've run into a problem as I used the TS3 Overlay in Star Wars: The Old Republic. In the game, there is a picture in the bottom left corner where my companions face is. When you click on it, it usually opens a few game options. But, since using the TS3 overlay when I click on the picture it either takes a screenshot, or video capture (also on a side note, I cannot find where they are being saved). Usually, it wouldn't be a big deal, but this causes me to have framerate issues in the game. Since this problem started, I set hotkeys so I can turn it off every time I click the picture. Still, its a bit annoying at times.

This thread was merged
    Last edited by dante696; February 6th, 2013 at 08:15 AM.

Please use the latest overlay which you can find here. It shouldn't happen anymore after you installed that.
    Videos are stored at %AppData%\ts3overlay\logs

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Please use the latest overlay which you can find here. It shouldn't happen anymore after you installed that.
    Videos are stored at %AppData%\ts3overlay\logs

Hey, it's been a couple days. And I tried downloading the link you posted. The application opened and the update started but it like didn't work. I then uninstalled ts3 deleted all relevant files from my computer, then redownloaded and installed a fresh one. But, it's still starts recording videos and takes screenshots. Is the overlay version you posted not in the full application download yet?

Thanks in Advance

i'm using version 3.7.14 and recording still starts, i've disabled video recording and screenshot buttons in overlay bar and it still happens.
    please do something about this, disable it altogether.
    the best pieces of software are the ones who do JUST what they are intended for. there is quite a lot of software to record screen and/or take screenshots and the fact that you are trying to forcefully inject it into the plugin is just making things worse.
    in this post by "you" i mean the developer/s of the plugin and it's attributes.
    thanks in advance for dealing with the problem.

abenigma & BladeRunner325
    Please provide a log file.

I will report it to our developer :-/

Recording & Screenshot feature will be removed with overlay 3.7.16 (in TeamSpeak client 3.0.10)

Thread Information