Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Overlay 3.7.8 Starts recording and screenshots

how desactivate the screenshot n record tool when i play n turn shoot down left that start record or snapshot n i see nothing to desactivate that **** i want old overlay back with api 19 compatible plzzzzzzzzzzz

same for me, give a deactivate button for screenshot and videos. and the forum on the overlays website is dead...
    rly annoying cant click on the chat in diablo. the new graphics look nice though

I have MS WIndows 7. Since upgrading my TS3 client I keep getting random little messages on screen about screenshots being taken and after some time get a little red icon top right of screen indicating desktop or window session is being recorded and the game freezes and eventually crashes (the game being EVE Online).

This seems to happen with or without the TS3_Overlay installed. I did not set any hotkeys for the alpha screenshot and session recording functionality, and did not switch it on. With the number of hackers around today I would have to say distributing alpha code to people is a dangerous exercise.

Would it be possible to get rid of that alpha screen recording bizzo in the main "stable" client until it has been fully tested?

Until the last 2 updates TS3 and TS3_Overlay was working fine with EVE Online game, now is rendering my game unplayable. I tried to find log files and dump files but could not seem to find any unfortunately.

I will try to remove current version and wind back to an earlier version.

Thanks, Tony.

Thread was moved
    Last edited by dante696; October 26th, 2012 at 11:55 AM.

We are aware about this problem, but we can not reproduce this 100%
    Our overlay developer is informed about this problem!!!

You have 2 options at this moment.
    1. Deactivate the overlay
    ---------------------------------------
    2. Downgrade your client to version 3.0.8.1
    But a downgrade to client 3.0.8.1 or older means, that all your configurations are gone!!!!
    You have to do some steps, to get your old configuration back.

1. Stop your Client
    2. Find your configuration folder
    Code:
    Press Windows + R keys >>>> enter "%appdata%" >>>> press ok >> Now go into folder "TS3client"
    or
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\config
    3. Move the file settings.db out of the folder
    4. Go into the backup folder and move all files into the folder before
    5. Install client 3.0.8.1
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I too am having the same problem in WWII on line. Takes screen shots, red button appears and computer locks up. I have to do a hard re-boot. Very annoying.

i've got the same problem and here is a reason why the overlay plugin makes screens or vidoes

if u have set a hotkey in the input section use this in game, then u can see at the bottom a bar with 3 icons (screenshot / record / config)
    if u press again the hotkey the bar disappears but the icon are still working even you dont dee them
    is at the position the chat of the game and you klick to the chat you aktivate the record or screenshot, if possible move the chat a little bit to top and u can work normaly

but the best way is, we can disable this functions or we can move the buttoms

greetz

LordAnubis

Our overlay developer also thought, that this is the reason, but i still can not reproduce it here.

Here is an updated version, without the buttons in the overlay menu.
    This should help and solve the problem.
    ts3_overlay-v3.7.9.ts3_plugin
    Last edited by dante696; November 2nd, 2012 at 09:58 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

It took me a while with internet searches to find out why I keep getting "Screenshot saved" or the recording message occasionally when I played World of Tanks.

My C drive was getting filled with screenshots and video in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\ts3overlay\log s

I would be randomly clicking around on my second monitor screen and getting this message, even when TS3 WAS NOT LOADED!

I uninstalled it and reinstalled x64 and will test before the new overlay and after.

It is odd that it would not do it for EQ II. Maybe I haven't had it loaded enough during that game as I only use it extensively for WoT and Eve Online (haven't been in Eve for a few months).

Please update the overlay first to version 3.7.9, then report back, if that still happens to you.
    ts3_overlay-v3.7.9.ts3_plugin

I have tryed v3.7.9ts3 in WoT and still getting unwanted screenshots and recording.

3.0.9.2 Randomly Recording Gameplay?

Morning all,

Quick question about 3.0.9.2

Playing window mode (Planetside 2), if I alt tab to TS it says "Now recording" in my game with a red TS whisper-style icon in the upper corner. A black window appears with a yellow exclamation mark as well spamming down the side of the screen "screen shot captured".

I will be reverting back to 3.0.8.1 but was just curious of anyone else had this?

Disable the Overlay plugin, or change the hotkey to capture the screenshot

TS3 overlay issue

Ive been having a issue with TSoverlay to where it saves images and video files every time i click(at least this is what i am seeing) andi was wondering where are these files going and how do i make it stop doing this! its nearly filled up my entire HD already. any help would be grateful.

thread merged, recordings should be stored in %AppData%\ts3overlay\logs
    Last edited by Chris; November 28th, 2012 at 10:27 AM.

Edit:in the new version 3.7.9 there are option which removes the screen shot, and capture buttons from the overlay so its not beggining to captura/making screen shot if i click in the lower left corner.
    I got this bug to, with 3.7.9 and 3.7.8, if i click in the lower left corner, where the take screen shot and capture buttons are,regarldles if the overlay is activated with the activation key (where i can move the boxes,and make changes),or its not activated,so in many games if i press back which is in the lower left corner ts makes screen or capture.
    So the overlay thinks i clicked on that button,even if its not activated to show the white overlay.
    I already changed the buttons.The problem is overlay always detects the button press in the lower left corner.
    Last edited by Kashimus; December 1st, 2012 at 04:45 PM.

Both the latest overlay version and the one before that both randomly will take screenshots without me pressing the hotkey, also the overlay will randomly change position during gameplay, and the previous version would cause the game to crash if i clicked on the apply button within the in game overlay config , both these versions cause problems with my mouse software /drivers (steelseries sensie) and the game it's self causing crashes frequently and laggy frame rates plus artifacts a small part of the overlay will sometimes appear in the center of my screen during play, a thin blue line ,?
    As a result i have had to disable the ts overlay altogether , can this overlay not be less agressive ,why does it try and hook into nearly every EXE on your drive ? even av software and windows processes are not excluded , maybe get it to work something like playclaw works, i can run even very old games using that , where the ts overlay will stop the exe running ,

Thread Information