Forum

Solved [3.0.9.1] Channel Commander whisper lists get reset on launch

After the recent update, "Group" whisper lists that use the Channel Commander feature, are getting reset to this whenever you restart Teamspeak (hotkeys are still correct):

http://i.imgur.com/gFgLs.png

This problem does not occur with "Clients & Channels" whisper lists, nor does it with "Group" whisper lists that not use Channel Commander.
    You can change it back to "Channel Commander in [whatever]" and save it without any issues, but as soon as you restart TS it get's reset.
    This problem occured to everyone using CC I know of, so it is not an isolated incident.

Also interesting (and probably related), whenever you restart TS, open the whisper list dialogue and try to close it again, it gives you a "Changes have been made" dialogue, even if nothing has been changed.

We can reproduce this and are working on a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    We can reproduce this and are working on a fix.
    Nice, great to hear!

3.0.9.2 was released and fixed this.

I am currently using 3.0.9.2 and am still having whisper list problems. I have a whisper list set to server group server admins and am getting the same issue mentioned above.

When I open TeamSpeak and attempt to use the whisper list hotkey, I get the error message "no whisper targets found". If I open the whisper lists window, the list and hotkey begin functioning properly. As soon as I close and restart TeamSpeak, the error occurs again. It's as if TeamSpeak is forgetting the whisper list every time I close it.

BTW, when I open the whisper list window, I do not make any changes as all the info is correct.

Do you have enough permissions, to whisper to a Server Admin?
    And/or does the whisper work, as long you do not close the client?

Currently i can't reproduce it on client 3.0.9.2 until no other Server Admin is online or when i do not have enough whisper power for this target group.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Yes, I am a server admin and this has worked in all TeamSpeak versions prior to 3.0.9.

Yes, once I open the whisper window and close it again, whisper works fine until TeamSpeak is closed. Every time I restart TeamSpeak, I have to reopen the whisper window or I get the message "no whisper target found" even when there are other server admins online and in my channel.

Here is a screenshot of TeamSpeak and my whisper window setup:

http://home.comcast.net/~knightblade/scrap/whisper.jpg

I'm Val and you can see that I'm a server admin and that the whisper is set for Server Admins. I've tried this repeatedly with other server admins online and always get the "no whisper target found" error when I try to whisper them. Simply opening the whisper settings window fixes the problem until the next time us restart TeamSpeak.

Make sure to actually use client version 3.0.9.2
    Once you are certain you are using that and it still doesn't work properly, delete all your whisper lists and set them up again.

Thread Information