Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: licensekey.dat?

licensekey.dat?

Hello all, I just recieved my key and got approved for a NPL to run TS3 off my dedi box and the email said that my .dat file was attached but there was nothing there. All that is came with was a long key with letters and numbers. So if someone could help me out I will appreciate it. Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by mvp4kobe View Post
    Hello all, I just recieved my key and got approved for a NPL to run TS3 off my dedi box and the email said that my .dat file was attached but there was nothing there. All that is came with was a long key with letters and numbers. So if someone could help me out I will appreciate it. Thank you!!
    It happens that some mail software, Outlook express for example, have an option to hide the "files that may damage the system". Usually is in
    (from your mail software menu) Tools --> Options --> "Security" Tab --> Verify "don't allow files that may damage the systeme" is disabled.

Also, if your mail have webmail access, try it.

The issue is the extension ".dat", that is considered as system file.

I tried this but I am using workspace email from go daddy because they needed my website email. I tried looking at every option in the email client but could not find anything. Like I said the only thing I see is a long key with letters and number at the bottom of my email.

I tried this but I am using workspace email from go daddy because they needed my website email. I tried looking at every option in the email client but could not find anything. Like I said the only thing I see is a long key with letters and number at the bottom of my email.
    Sorry, you have said that in your first post.

Maybe that you describe is the file itself.
    This post is not exactly your case but describes how to "rebuild" the file (or how it must look like) :
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...343#post321343

So how do I create a .dat file? Also I am installing it on my dedicated server box, where would I put it on there?

So how do I create a .dat file? Also I am installing it on my dedicated server box, where would I put it on there?
    First at all, try to download the licensekey.dat from your e-mail. In some place of the webmail interface must be the icon or the option for downloading the file.

If not possible, then you could try to "create" the file, using a standard text editor, NOTEPAD.exe for example, using the model shown in this post:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...343#post321343
    Obviously, in after ==key== you have to indicate yours (the long key with letters and number at the bottom of your email).

Once you have the file, you have to copy it in the same directory where the ts3server_xxxx.exe is running and stop/start the server. I think it's explained in the email.

See if this helps.

Thread Information