Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well, in the line
    Execute: C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\nspBECD.tmp\vcred ist_x86.exe /q:a /c:"msiexec /i vcredist.msi /qn"
    there shouldn't be a space between "vcred" and "ist", furthermore I'm all but sure the name of the tmp folder is consistent, and of course you'd need to put in your user name in there ;D
    An easier way would be to either open your installer with a zip application and search for either vcredist_x86 or vcredist_x64. Extract and run as admin to install.
    If that's too unhandy, the Visual C++ Redistributables used are the 2008 (non-SP1 iirc) ones, you can download and install the appropriate one (x86 or x64 depending on TS Client) from MS.

Haven't tried it though, as I'm still on 7, but there really shouldn't be any problem running the installer manually.
    Dunno about the necessity of safe mode, there was a bug in vcredist 2008 that made it create a folder at root for temp installation files. Maybe win8 gets crankier about that?
    Last edited by Philosound; November 10th, 2012 at 08:41 PM.

Hi,

Sorry for my bad english but I'm french.

I have the same problem but with a plantronics bluetooth headset with a USB key, the problem is for all USB sound device in windows 8 with teamspeak 3.

I have try the solution in safe mode and it didn't work, i have installed Visual C++ Redistributables used are the 2008 non-SP1 x64 (i use x64 os and ts3) with as administrator and it didn't work too...

I just did what you said and.... It doesn't work >_<

Visual C++ 2010 already installed on my computer...

Well, I guess better leave things like that until the officials come in then, before anything gets messed up.
    However, I wonder if chatonvecas and your "didn't work" is refering to the original problem or installing the runtime successfully.

I'm quite sure major versions of the c++ runtime are neither down- nor upwards compatible, so 2010 won't do for an application that demands 2008.
    I'm not sure about minor versions and service packs, they're more in a greyish area, depending on the application in question.

Edith:
    Looking at the posts, found some irritating info at ManiakNLs one:
    Win8 and TS3 reported at 64 bit, yet
    27-10-2012 18:27:58 SoundBckndIntf Error D:/Apps/Teamspeak 3/soundbackends/windowsaudiosession_win32.dll error: SOUND_CONFIG_PROBLEM
    With 64bit TS3, there should be windowsaudiosession_win64.dll at works.
    Last edited by Philosound; November 11th, 2012 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosound View Post
    Well, in the line

there shouldn't be a space between "vcred" and "ist", furthermore I'm all but sure the name of the tmp folder is consistent, and of course you'd need to put in your user name in there ;D
    An easier way would be to either open your installer with a zip application and search for either vcredist_x86 or vcredist_x64. Extract and run as admin to install.
    If that's too unhandy, the Visual C++ Redistributables used are the 2008 (non-SP1 iirc) ones, you can download and install the appropriate one (x86 or x64 depending on TS Client) from MS.

Haven't tried it though, as I'm still on 7, but there really shouldn't be any problem running the installer manually.
    Dunno about the necessity of safe mode, there was a bug in vcredist 2008 that made it create a folder at root for temp installation files. Maybe win8 gets crankier about that?

Hi

In the line

Installing runtime libraries
    Execute: C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\nspBECD.tmp\vcredist_x86.exe /q:a /c:"msiexec /i vcredist.msi /qn"

I did not suggest to anyone that they should run this command on its own, I only explained what I did and at what point it completed the install.

Maybe it is the way I explained it.

I did not see any space, between the vcredist_x86.exe as you described its was directly copied from the install feedout.

As to the C:\Users\name\ that will show YOUR name I removed mine and replaced it with name

Also as to the Temp\nspBECD.tmp this will not be the same as yours it may well be called something different but it will be a .tmp file and this is the area that windows 8 security settings cause issues with in the default settings, unless all files with a installation are signed with a mickysoft stamp Windows 8,s big brother throws its dummy out of the pram at that point, but due to the /qn at the end on the command line you do not get to see this.

The install is with the 32 bit variant, but I have since done it with the 64bit and the results are the same.

Prerequisites

Windows 8 full installation (not an upgrade) I am not saying it wont work with an ungraded windows just saying what I have.

Windows booted into safemode with network support

Ctrl + R / msconfig / boot tab / tick safe boot box DO NOT press save just OK and reboot machine

Once in safebooted machine at desktop run install

Let the install finish BUT before booting back to windows normal check the install text in the installer and see if you have the same command line at the very end, if you do not then your admin rights are impeding you even in safeboot. I suggest re-install with Right click admin rights used.

Once done

Ctrl + R / msconfig / boot tab / make sure the tick from the safe boot box is not present and if ok press save and reboot machine

I am not a guru on windows systems by any means, the advice I offer is only what I have done myself and what worked for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Astraa; November 11th, 2012 at 05:29 AM. Reason: attachment of installed file output

Quote Originally Posted by Philosound View Post
    I wonder if chatonvecas and your "didn't work" is refering to the original problem or installing the runtime successfully.
    Sorry, I refer to the original problem

This is what I've done :

Run Windows 8 in safe mode.

C:\Users\MYNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\THETEMPDIR\vcredist_x64.exe /q:a /c:"msiexec /i vcredist.msi /qn"

The command has work, but the problem is not resolved.

Teamspreak setting troubles

Hi,

I have install TS3 version 3.0.9.2 64bit on win8 64bit

I have change setting->options->playback->playback device->default in 'speaker (2,4G wirless headsett) '
    and than i do 'play test sound' than i get error msg 'error opening playback device:could not open playback device'

When i play game and i change sound of that game to 'speaker (2,4G wirless headsett)' that is working perfect.
    So the drivers of the wirless headsett is working.

Have you need more info about something give a shoot and i write it here.

i hope any1 have fix for that problem.

Thanks anyway

Hi all

I've also got same problem as everyone else by what i have read.
    Just upgraded to windows 8 and now ts3 doesn't play sound back.
    So i reinstalled ts3 version 3.0.9.2 64bit and still same problem.

I have noticed though that when i start ts3, before i connect to a channel i can go into options and go to playback device and it works perfectly but as soon as i hit connect i loose all sound associated with ts3.

I'm running sound blaster tatic (3D) Sigma headset.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Cudwud View Post
    I'm running sound blaster tatic (3D) Sigma headset.

Cheers
    According to the product page, this headset can be attached either by USB or by regular audio jacks. I suppose you connected it by USB. Could you please try and connect it by the audio jacks only and unplug the USB, then see if it works normally in TeamSpeak?

I actually updated motherboard drivers and it seemed to fix the issue for me.

Hopefully this will help other users with their issues.

Cheers

Im experiencing the same problem with a logitech usb headset. Microsoft troubleshooter says that teamspeak is not yet compatibel.
    Installing teamspeak with admin rights in safe mode did not do the trick.

Quite an annoying issue when ur friends can here you but you cant hear them

Problem with audio

Hi to all,
    i have installed ts3 on windows 8 pro and i have a wirless headset trust eewave s20. The problem is that the microphone works but i can't hear the audio. When i go on playback and i press play test sound i have a message error:"error opening playback device: could not open playback device ". Anyone can help me?
    (sorry for my bad english)

Hi Guys !

I'm here to tell you that i found a solution which works for me !

Go to Settings > Options > Playback and in Playback mode set : Direct Sound.

It worked for me and now I can use my X360 headset completely : Micro and speaker !

See you !

TS3 windows 8 Problem

Been using TS since forever - installed win 8 (64bit)
    TS3 64 and 32 bit have the SAME problem.
    Capture works GREAT
    Playback no matter wot i choose (and i have more than 5 options that ALWAYS worked in the past)
    Realtek speakers
    logitech Headphones
    Logitech USB quickcall
    Alesis 320 USB speakers
    etc...

NEVER PLAYS BACK the sound no matter wot!
    uninstalled - reinstalled both versions and it just does not work.
    remember only PLAYBACK doesnt work.

hope u can help.

Cheers all

Hey all together

I have also an problem with win8 ts3 and my logitech g35 usb headset.
    I use Win8 since the first preview and i havnīt any problems till the final version comes out.
    My problem: when i connect to an ts3-server i can speak and i can hear my friends but its very distorted.
    I must set my playback mode to my teufel 5.1 boxes and back to g35-headset and then its fine.
    I have reinstalled ts3, reinstalled g35 drivers, ... i donīt know what i can do.
    It works but its still a pain....

can someone help me?

cystix

Happy XMAS to all

PS: sry 4 my bad english

Thread Information