Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Windows 8 64 bit, Teamspeak 3, USB Headset (No sound in TS3)

Hi,

I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 and now I can't use my Logitech USB headset which functioned normally under Windows 7.

Every other program seems to use the headset without issues, but TeamSpeak.

I have tried changing the Playback Mode and Playback Device settings, but no success.

Is this an issue with supporting Windows 8 and if so when is the updated version of TS going to be released.

I have tried everything and concluded that this must be a TS related issue.

Windows 8 64 bit, Teamspeak 3, Logitech USB Headset (No sound in TS3)

Hello TeamSpeak community!

I have installed Windows 8 Professional 64 bit today.

When i play a game or watch a movie my headset is working correctly.
    I do hear the windows sounds aswell.

My Problem:
    I have downloaded and installed Teamspeak 3 64 Bit.

When i join a server i noticed that Teamspeak 3 isn't really able to use the speakers of my headset.
    When i go into the options --> Playback devices:

There are a few options for me to choose

Playback Mode: Automatically use best mode
    Direct Sound
    Windows Audio Session

Playback Device: Default
    Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High definition Audio)
    Speakers (3- Logitech USB headset)

I've tried all possible combinations of playback mode && Playback device.
    Everytime i press the "Play Test sound" button, i get the following error:

"Error opening playback device:
    device not registered/known"

Tried googling to this problem, other people seems to have the same problem but I was not able to find a working solution for my problem.

Additional info:
    Motherboard: ASROCK Extreme 4 (USB drivers AND Audio drivers installed)
    Headset: Logitech USB headset
    I am not sure what type it is, when I look at the website the pictures of these seems like it's the one.
    http://www.logitech.com/nl-nl/suppor...b-headset-h330
    http://www.logitech.com/nl-nl/suppor...ets-phones/349

When I press the play test sound button and the dialog telling me that there was a error. The dialog it self does make a sound.

When I look in the "Capture" options and press "Begin Test" I can see that the noise/sound meter is indeed picking up my voice when I am talking.

So TeamSpeak does see my headset it just can't play music through it.
    Again: TeamSpeak is the only application thus so far that is not able to make use of the speakers in my headset. I've tested a few games, windows sounds, a move and a youtube video. Those all did work proppery.

I hope you guys can help me finding a solution to my problem.

Thank you for your time and help!

PS: If you need any additional info relating to this matter, please feel free to ask.

EDIT:
    Found some sort of logfile:
    27-10-2012 18:27:53 Windows Audio Session Debug WAS:penDevice-enter
    27-10-2012 18:27:53 Windows Audio Session Debug WAS Buffer size: 640
    27-10-2012 18:27:53 Windows Audio Session Error p_wfx->wFormatTag != 1
    27-10-2012 18:27:58 Windows Audio Session Error CaptureDeviceContext callbackWaits2 wait exceeded 5 secs 258
    27-10-2012 18:27:58 SoundBckndIntf Error D:/Apps/Teamspeak 3/soundbackends/windowsaudiosession_win32.dll error: SOUND_CONFIG_PROBLEM
    27-10-2012 18:27:58 PlaySoundSet Error Error opening playback device to play test sound

These lines are generated when I press the "Play Test sound" button

EDIT 28-10-2012
    I have plugged in some earphones via a Jack in connector.
    Switched my windows settings to make usage of the earphones.

A new option appears @ Playback Device: (Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    If i pick that option and press "Play Test Sound" Teamspeak is able to produce sound through my earphones.

At first it gave the same error as with the USB header, forgot to hit apply.

So i can safely say that Teamspeak 3 isn't supporting Logitech USB headsets on Windows 8

- Maniak
    Last edited by ManiakNL; October 28th, 2012 at 08:58 AM.

Same problem here, i think Teamspeak has a big problem with USB headsets in Win8. Hope they fix it soon

I think a update just came out.

Still nothing has changed, my problem still exists

Bumb, anyone found a working sollution yet?

Headset not working? Cant hear any sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by ManiakNL View Post
    Bumb, anyone found a working sollution yet?
    If you are using headsets or whatever and are plugged on front panels ,
    You should try this
    Option > Playback > Playback Device > "Choose 2nd Output" ex. Realtek HD Audio 2nd Output

Hope it helps

I have exactly the same problem, also on Windows 8

I am on a iMac 27 (late 2009) and none of my playback devices (internal speaker, jack, USB Phone) work under Win8 (x64), all stating 'could not open playback device'. Running teamspeak under admin (or not) doesn't help. Worked fine on Win7.

Quote Originally Posted by zmargeta View Post
    Hi,

I have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 and now I can't use my Logitech USB headset which functioned normally under Windows 7.

Every other program seems to use the headset without issues, but TeamSpeak.

I have tried changing the Playback Mode and Playback Device settings, but no success.

Is this an issue with supporting Windows 8 and if so when is the updated version of TS going to be released.

I have tried everything and concluded that this must be a TS related issue.

i have Logitech h330 the sound and microphone works for every single utility under WS 8 but on TS 3 only microphone is working,it seems the system doesn't recognize the headset under usb , is a solution underway now ?coz i waited over a month and still no reply
    P:S: i just DL ventril oand it works fine,seems only TS problem
    Last edited by zaorish; November 6th, 2012 at 08:23 PM.

TeamSpeak offers to use whatever the operating system reports as available devices for the microphone and speaker devices.

Have you tried setting the device to use in TeamSpeak instead of using default?
    You might also try and set the default playback device to the logitech Headset in Windows and then set TeamSpeak to use the default device.

i did try everything instead of deafault because of this message The configured playback device was not found.
    Instead using: Altoparlanti (2- Logitech USB Headset)
    Press OK to apply the changes or press Setup to change the configuration manually.
    But the problem even if you do apply and set headset as your device and not default nothin happen.Also as you know i alrdy see if in sound configuration there was some kind of problem but no,the default is headset coz i use only this headset as sound device don't have anythingh else

Hello here !
    Same problem for me with a Xbox 360 Headset !

I had no problem under Windows 7 and this is the only problem that I have with Win 8. Apparently this is not only logitech headsets but with USB.

The microphone of the headset works perfectly as before but it is impossible for me to make work the speaker.

BUT the speaker works with the sounds of Windows 8. I can set it to default in the control panel and hear Windows sounds.

(Sorry for my bad English, I'm a Frenchie )

Hi,

I dont have this problem under Win8. I have Logitech G930 and the newest software from logitech installed. Before this you configured the headset and micro under "systemsetting - sounds". Only you want set the headset to standard device under "systemsettings - sounds".

After this you start TS3 and go under "Options" and Audio/Micro setting.
    Playback Mode: Automatically use best mode
    Playback Device: Set your headset

Recording Mode: Automatically use best mode
    Recording Device: Set your headset micro

Now this works fine to me.

For me with my X360 headset, I ONLY want to use it to hear voices of my teamates, so i can't set it to default...

Hi

I had the same issue as you have, I have solved mine by booting into windows 8 in safe mode and installing TS from their with admin rights.

I firmly believe its to do with the security levels now in Windows 8 at default installations, because with the UAC on normal and the other checks it does, it prevents this from being run.

Installing runtime libraries
    Execute: C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp\nspBECD.tmp\vcred ist_x86.exe /q:a /c:"msiexec /i vcredist.msi /qn"

Everything before that is in the TS directory but installing runtime libraries is in windows direct, so it makes sense that the windows protection did not let it and you don't see this because of the command line used, if im not mistaken "/qn" means "quite no report"

I could be wrong, but mine now works fine. I also installed in on my other machine which uses a Plantronics BT Headset same result, under normal install it would not pick up that ANY sound device was there, sure it would show it but not activate it, until I went into Safe Mode and installs with admin rights, now it works also.

I hope this works for others and that if it is the issue at hand that the TS developers sort it out for us all

Thanks for your solution but either it doesn't work for me or I didn't understand something

Thread Information