Forum

Guests Permissions

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to reset Guest Permissions with out using Server Query? Our TS3 server hosters by a service provide so I dont have access to run a Server Query.

Our server has been hacked few times in the last month. We had to rebuild it from scratch couple of times. In few days ago it happened again. Guests also have permissions to move and kick people from the servers. Everyone except for server admins and attempt to try and fix it i change a fair bit permissions and I think I have made it worse. At the moment to get around the hackers we had to password the server. We do get lot of public users jumping on our servers so keeping it passworded isn't really what we want. I found another thread with all the guests permissions listed here on TS, and while trying to set that up I couldn't find most of permissions listed. Im not sure exactly what could have happened.

If anyone can help me out please let me know. If someone knowledgable can even jump on our TS server for a quick chat to help me out it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

First thing I'd do is go through all your server groups and verify the users listed are known to you or your group.

Start with the GUEST server group and either remove or lower permissions dealing with add, delete, or modify. Take a close look at channel group permissions as well. If you are unsure about anything you can always ask your host to create a new server so you start from scratch.

This link is to a spreadsheet I use to track my group's Teamspeak permissions. It is missing a few of the newest permissions but is an excellent start. You can use this to set your GUEST permissions. Change the values to whatever number works with your setup. I like round numbers so all of mine end in a 0 or a 5. The linked document gives an explanation on how the permissions in the spreadsheet work on my server.

Spreadsheet
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UVQclpsem85NlE

Document
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...plxy0KicY/edit

Thread Information