Forum

ToDo List Hotkey Crash with 2 devices and same hotkey

Hi all

are you aware of the multiple button PTT bug ?

I have a throttle and a flight stick, my ptt key is button 2 on my throttle.

my weapon release is button 2 on my flight stick

If I am releasing a weapon and talking on TS, TS Crashes,

it has only been like this since the last two recent updates.

thanks for looking

Thank you for this Bugreport.

I can reproduce this this with a joystick and driving wheel. The buttons have the same name and can be used on both devices.
    It does crash, when 1 hold one button on the joystick and press and release the same button on the wheel.

I will create a ticket for this bug.

Here is a temporary fix for you and other users
    Please activate another hotkey system, because it seems, that it only happens on direct input.
    Just go into settings > Options > Hotkey and then activate "default" in the dropdown box.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

thanks for the reply, and I hope you guys can work it out.

Setting the drop down box to default stops my throttle button 2 from working as a PTT, but thank you for trying to provide a solution.

TS3 shutting down

Hi,
    I've ran into a problem with 3.0.9.2.
    I'm using teamspeak together with a my Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS. Apparently Teamspeak makes no difference between button 3 on my joystick and button 3 on my throttle. So when I program button3 as PTT then I'm transmitting when I push button3 on either my joystick or my throttle. Now in 3.0.9.2 the TS-client shuts down when both buttons are pressed at the same time. That is not the case with 3.0.8.1 : it will see both buttons as PTT but it will not shutdown.
    Could this be looked at so that TS makes a difference between buttons on the joystick and on the throttle ?

Thank you.

The crash is fixed with the next client version.
    Push to talk should work fine now.

Exclamation Major Crash Bug - Dual Joysticks, Keybinds

This thread was merged

Greetings.

During my playing of PlanetSide 2, I came across an easily reproduced and highly frustrating crash bug, that you can reproduce by following these steps:

1. Plug in two joysticks into a single computer.
    2. Load Teamspeak, and set a push to talk button on one of the joysticks.
    3. Have the same button on both joysticks pressed at the same time.

When this occurs, the game client crashes out completely. This occurred using two Logitech Attack 3 joysticks, but should also occur with any pair of multi-button joysticks.

I believe part of the issue is that Teamspeak 3 does not recognize multiple joysticks, which means when I set, say, button 3 as the Push-to-talk key, I can press it on the other joystick and it will activate the push-to-talk, even though I had set it on the first joystick.

But, when I press button 3 on both joysticks at the same time (this happened because I was pressing Button 3 on my right joystick to talk, while pressing 3 on my left joystick to cause my aircraft to ascend), it crashed the program.

This is a severe bug that severely limits the ability for me to use Teamspeak while using dual joysticks; I feel the easy fix would be to add multi-joystick functionality to Teamspeak 2 which would not only make it more versatile and usable, but would also deal with this crash bug. But fixing the bug itself would also be important, in case a similar problem happens with dual keyboards, dual mice, etc.

Thanks!
    Last edited by dante696; December 4th, 2012 at 07:11 AM.

Ah, thanks for the merge.

This bug is still occurring, and I have the latest version. The Direct Input workaround does work, however.

What Chris meant to say was, this will be fixed with client 3.0.10
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Ah, thank you.

Not fixed in 3.0.10 ?

Could you please confirm that this problem has only been partially fixed in the latest update.
    I'm using the Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas. When I assign button 3 on the throttle as PTT, PTT also gets activated when I press button 3 on the joystick.
    Can anyone please confirm this problem still exists or am i doing something wrong ?

Thank you
    Last edited by bengo; March 9th, 2013 at 07:12 PM.

bengo

The crash is fixed yes, not the double assignment.

You are talking about
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...me-Controllers

Thread Information