Forum

need help server query login

Hello, So I have my non-profit license and I have the license on my server. I am able to set 512 slots no problems. What I am trying to do is create a new virtual server. I have read the guides but Still having trouble. I have also tried some of the apps but when I try to create a virtual server on the app it wont let me even though it has the big green checks showing I am logged in as server admin.

I have my original server admin password and token however I cant figure out how to log in server query. Can this be done from the client? I do have root access however I am not too good with Linux ssh commands.

Can anyone help me out? Please

telnet to the server using query port (default: 10011) using a telnet client (putty works). type "help". From there you should be good to figure anything you need to do out.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    telnet to the server using query port (default: 10011) using a telnet client (putty works). type "help". From there you should be good to figure anything you need to do out.
    Thanks for your reply however I still unable to create new server

Okay I can log in with putty fine and type help and the list come up however non of the commands seem to work. Not sure what step I am missing or if I am trying to run the commands wrong. I would like to create a new virtual server. I type servercreate but I get this error "error id=256 msg=command\snot\sfound"

Okay I solved the issue. The help command did not help me solve the issue however it is nice to know this command. I am sure it will come in useful one day so thank you for your reply. The reason the admin app I was trying to use I was using the wrong password to log in with. What helped me is the FAQ on this the teamspeak website. The one in particular is the how to change server admin password. There is also a guide how to do this on the forums however it is much more simplified in the FAQ. Once a change my server admin password I entered that info in the admin app I download off the teamspeak website and everything works perfect.

Should not be a command not found error. Should be a insufficient permissions or missing parameter error. Did you double check the spelling and make sure you didn't add any spaces in the command name?

I done closed the window long ago but I do for sure remember a permission error. Maybe I typed it wrong the first time and got one error then type it correct the next time and got the permission error. I really appreciate your replies though. I am not sure how I missed this FAQ the first time as i looked there first for a solution. After looking a 2nd time I found the section to get change server admin password as I kinda had a feeling I had the wrong password from a previous installation. I found it was super easy to follow and after changing my new password the admin app works great now!!

Ok, I was having the same issue... (i.e. I couldn't login to the ServerQuery to edit it.) Thanks to this person's problem and the replies in this thread, I was finally able to putty into the ServerQuery...

HOWEVER

now when I type login, I get this error...

error id=1538 msg=invalid\sparameter

What is this, and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance for your help

I found my problem and all is well in this department now.

I was using the wrong info.

I should have used serveradmin <original Password>
    Last edited by BriteLeaf; November 29th, 2012 at 03:52 AM.

invalid parameter just means you either missed a parameter or one of them was not valid (ie. for login a wrong username, no username or no password).

you can use help followed by the command name to get more details about that specific command including an example of how to use it. (ie. help login)

Thread Information