Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove users permissions

How can I remove server admin access from someone who has used a valid privilege key? We had to give someone access when we were going out of town, in case something went down, and he still has access and I want to take it away. Seems like the server owner would have access to all the keys that have been used, somewhere. Thanks.

Go to PERMISSIONS and select SERVER GROUPS. Choose the server admin group and remove that client's name from the list.

Yes, but if he has a privilege key, can't he just re-add himself?

Once the key is used it is invalid so no, he cannot add himself unless he set permissions on his client ID outside the servergroup

hello

But if I have hundreds of users that change their nick names... how do I know who should I remove from the list ?

After I remove the privilege key I still have to remove the client name ?

And if one client have several different type of keys and I just want to remove one on that client ? (different type of accesses - many channels and clients buy channels per month and then they dont want one (of 5 ) channels no more for example- )

I have remove the key from the privilege keys but the user with that key still access things ... should not be enough to remove the key on the list ?

ts is impossible ...

The whole thread title ( Disable an already used privilege key) is confusing. Thread title changed.

- Used privilege keys always get deleted from the server.
    - New generated keys from user will be deleted to, when you delete a user from you client database
    - Deleting a key that was generated from a user will not change any of his permissions. Yuo just delete that key and nothing else.

You must delete a user directly from your client databse or change his permissions manually to remove his access to things.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

ok I understand now ...

I want to give permissions and after a while (one or 6 months) take them back from one particular client.
    I send the key by email to the client for him to use. I dont know the client Id or Nick (that can be altered..). basically clients buy permission for a period of time in my teamsepak server.
    I just save genereted key on my database. In my project the clients IDs are emails to control payments. I have several keys associated to each email. (For my project I was assuming that if I delete the key the permission given would be "ungiven" ).

Is there a simple way to know in witch client the key was used so I can remove it from my client database in ts ? (so I can "ungive" permissions and know the right client ts Id to remover)

One list something like :

Key X used in ts client ID A
    key Y used in ts client ID A
    Key Z used in ts client ID B

I have a very complex ts system setup ... this is a show stopper to my project ... a small last detail ....

It's printed in the server log of each virtual server

Example where my DBID is 3 and added myself via key into Group with ID 310
    Code:
    10.04.2015 15:59:53	VirtualServer	Info	client 'chris'(id:3) used privilege key 'dYq9D4B7oZddveWPcekW3pRSjIRv47I4Kmsk1Dlq' and was added to servergroup 'Server Admin (Temp)'(id:310)
    You could search for the key and then for that user with DBID
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Ok ... it is not all lost yet ... lets hope :-) ...

but if chris change the nickName ... later ?

that "chris" will be always there ? so I can remove permissions ?

I can make a program that parses the log file and builds the database :

Key X used in ts client NICK A
    key Y used in ts client NICK A
    Key Z used in ts client NICK B

but I have to be shore the NICKNAME is sufficient to "ungive" permissions of one particular key. (?)

if clients exchange theirs nicks between them ?

in this line you post :

10.04.2015 15:59:53 VirtualServer Info client 'chris'(id:3) used privilege key 'dYq9D4B7oZddveWPcekW3pRSjIRv47I4Kmsk1Dlq' and was added to servergroup 'Server Admin (Temp)'(id:310)

the "(id:3)" is like that or it just one example and in real is the ts Ûnique ID like :

10.04.2015 15:59:53 VirtualServer Info client 'chris'(id:PEZLPu/hY76/BGanPFgQDPfRQyI=) used privilege key 'dYq9D4B7oZddveWPcekW3pRSjIRv47I4Kmsk1Dlq' and was added to servergroup 'Server Admin (Temp)'(id:310)

?
    Last edited by birinhos; April 10th, 2015 at 04:33 PM.

You could search for the key and then for that user with DBID
    I already answered this above.
    The DBID does never change and can never be any other user than this user.
    It can only be deleted, when you delete the user.
    The DBID will not be reused again for another user.

first of all thanks for the patience with me and for the responses.

I am not sure I understand.

My question is :

if that user ('chris' in your example log file) change the nick later ? if I look for the unique ID (I think you reefer to DBID as "ts Unique ID" right ? ) it will not be found. It will say "No client found" right ? or worst if the clients exchange nicks I will get the wrong unique ID and delete permissions on the wrong client.

Or you are saying I have to make a program that is always looking for changes in the server log file and when a key is used it will have to look for the "ts Unique ID" and save before the client changes the nick again ?

I am not hosting the ts server just making tests ... I think logs must be saved on same database ? when the key is used there is some entry where the unique ID of the client is stored instead of the nick like the log file ?

Do I make sense or not at all ? :-)
    Last edited by birinhos; April 10th, 2015 at 05:26 PM.

Ok I was seeing the ts3server.sqlitedb file and I think I can make a program that is running and every second parses the log file looking for a new key activation and connect to the clients table in the sqlitedb to get the client_unique_id using the client_nickname printed on the log file. Associating the privilegeKey with the client_unique_id I can later remove previleges (given with that privilegeKey) on the right client ... even if he changes client_nickname later.

It could be much more simple if the log file print the client_unique_id instead of client_nickname when the key is activated.

It could be much more simple if the log file print the client_unique_id instead
    I must disagree here because using the DBID in the log is much better.
    It's unique on all virtual servers in the same server instance. And it will never appear a second time, when that user was deleted or joins another server with that identity.

The UID can be found on each virtual server (when user aloso joined there with his identity) but will always have another DBID other groups and permissions..

Ok

I was thinking "DBID" was client_unique_id. I was wrong.

Ok if the "DBID" is there and is unique better. So the question now is: how can I find the actual(present) nickname of the user using that "DBID" ?

should I go to the client table on the ts3server.sqlitedb ? or the ts client application can search using "DBID" ? how can I do this in the ts client ?

Quote Originally Posted by birinhos View Post
    So the question now is: how can I find the actual(present) nickname of the user using that "DBID" ?

should I go to the client table on the ts3server.sqlitedb ? or the ts client application can search using "DBID" ? how can I do this in the ts client ?
    The DBID is shown in the "Default_extended" theme.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...fault_extended
    Just use it or adapt your theme for it.

Thread Information