Forum

[COMMISSION] Plugin to mute clients when receiving a whisper.

I am looking for programmers to create a plugin, I will pay via paypal or bitcoin, your choice, bitcoin has almost no fees.

This project is to make a teamspeak 3 server (preferably) or client plugin to mute the sound from everyone in the current channel when a client is receiving a whisper. The end deliverable product will be a *.ts3_plugin installable file, additionally the source code must be posted as an open project on github.com, the source code must be fully commented.

Higher bids will be accepted for a serverside plugin because of the convenience factor for our users.

A typical use scenario for this plugin is 4 channels with 12 clients, with one or two clients on channel commander per channel. The commanders have a whisper list set up to whisper to all channel commanders, when they are receiving a whisper from this it must override/mute the normal conversation from the channel. When a client uses a global whisper, it must mute all other conversation so the global is uninterrupted. If a client whispers only to their channel, then all other conversation on that channel should be muted. The mute should begin with the beginning of the whisper, and end when the whisper does, with no delay after the end of the whisper. Receiving a whisper must not mute other incoming other whispers.

My budget is 50-75 dollars for a clientside plugin, and 75-100 for a serverside plugin. If I'm being naive about these costs, please let me know in either direction.

Cool

Well, that highly depends on if you guys play on an enemy GW2 server.
    Kidding ;P
    I do have a plugin in the pipe, and one of its features should either partly or pretty much fulfill your needs. As you probably have deduced by now, that guy didn't play his cards right, as he would release it anyway. Sigh, correct
    However, when released, there'll be some donation button around, and, if happy with it, feel free to, you know, help keeping my level of misanthropy from rising.

It's a client side plugin, since the functionality isn't stopping at muting, but doing some more stuff that you wouldn't wanna do server side but falls into the same category. Therefor, there's no way of enforcing those luxuries on (non-using) guests or have a "whisperlist mute hierarchy" and such. Who has it installed benefits, who hasn't has no change to the current behavior. Secondly, maybe a non-issue, the fact that it's client side means it won't reduce your transfer on the server.

Functionality wise, I'm pretty much at that point where everything should be working fine, but given the nature of testing this and the size of my personal QA department, it might be of mutual benefit to give you pre-release access. Unfortunately, I'm on the road right now and don't have a current version at hands. I should be able to provide win64,win32 versions around the weekend, unless there's a TS update including API changes and/or a QT upgrade, dunno if I have enough time for the adjustments then.
    Last edited by Philosound; November 21st, 2012 at 02:14 AM.

Excellent, I have 150+ people to beta test it with, we are a Planetside 2 outfit. PM me a link when you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbinator View Post
    Excellent, I have 150+ people to beta test it with, we are a Planetside 2 outfit. PM me a link when you can!
    Id like to add to that beta test with another 40 from another Planetside 2 outfit! I just stumbled on this thread while searching to see if this was an innate function of TS3 or not. Apparently it's not, but should have been

Oh, I dunno ;D
    Since it's not really essential for everyone, a little modularity on a per-need basis via plugins might not be the worst solution after all. While, granted, folks need to download and install such a plugin, which I had to explain often enough in other contexts to know that's not a non-issue for everyone, polluted core options also have the potential to cause fear and confusion.

Also: You got mail
    Last edited by Philosound; December 3rd, 2012 at 03:06 AM. Reason: correcting my english...

I'm an Outfit leader in, yet another Planetside 2 "guild" that a plugin like this would work wonders for us. We have over 200 members and trying to get comms into a state that's not overly restrictive or convoluted would be absolutely incredible for us.

Thank you for the work that you've put into this so far.

You got mail.
    Sorry, yet excluded reader, for not having put up a public link here btw., but from my observations, when folks encounter a bug nowadays, they have this tendency to just uninstall and never come back, especially when there's no auto-updater. Worse, you can be told a year later the code would be buggy, even if it was fixed the day after.

So, I use the "closed beta" style just to battle a hit in "reputation" from initial, less stable versions.
    Look at those bad ratings for apps a day after an IOS update and you know what I mean ;D Even worse, when an initial version has bugs and gets bad ratings, one might just as well rebrand it for 1.0.1 already, hehe. Imho an app is not "bad" just because of a bug especially considering not everyone has a QA dept., maybe unless it isn't fixed in acceptable time (which, for real, is more than a minute ).

But oh well, enough hypothesising, I am at feature freeze for 1.0 and once I fixed those bugs I quite likely have introduced with the enhanced feature set this weekend, I guess launch time is coming before the world ends

Thank you Philosound! This works amazingly well.

I opened an official thread for the plugin release.

Thread Information