Forum

You can create a User that query without the server admin with limited pederes?

You can create a User that query without the server admin with limited pederes?

Yes, simply create a new identity in settings -> identities, use that new identity to connect to the server, assign the permissions to that identity you would want your query connection to have. Then with the new identity click Tools -> Server query login, enter a name and click ok. You will be shown the password, with which you can log into the query.
    That query login will always have the same permissions as the identity that created the query login, so if you decide the query should have less permissions, just remove them from the identity.

Re: Query User with new ID

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yes, simply create a new identity in settings -> identities, use that new identity to connect to the server, assign the permissions to that identity you would want your query connection to have. Then with the new identity click Tools -> Server query login, enter a name and click ok. You will be shown the password, with which you can log into the query.
    That query login will always have the same permissions as the identity that created the query login, so if you decide the query should have less permissions, just remove them from the identity.
    Sorry to exhume such an old thread but it describes exactly what my problem is:

We need a query user that only sees a limited amount of channels. So creating one with my admin account won't work.

I've created a new ID logged in and wanted to give this new ID the rights to create a query login (right now the option is greyed out) but I can't give "ServerQuery: Login via ServerQuery" due to lack of permissions (being the server admin?!). Our tech support keeps telling me that this is nothing that can't be changed?!

Thanks in advance!

Since server version 3.6.0 user with access to the ServerQuery interface with the serveradmin login can create new Query accounts that can be used for such cases.
    You can create that new login to one server only and on that server you can create a server group with desired permission and assign it to that user.

Code:
    === Server Release 3.6.0 22 january 2019
    Added: New query commands for adding, removing and listing of server query logins.
           * queryloginadd  => adds new query logins
           * querylogindel  => delete an existing query login
           * queryloginlist => list the query logins
           For more information use `help <command>` in the query.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Or rightclick a user in client DB in YaTQA and click "Create Query Login".

Thread Information