Forum

Thread: new app?

Did I waste my money??

i purchased teamspeak app on my ipad and after the update it says it would be free for everyone
    Last edited by YoshiAkash; November 24th, 2012 at 03:17 PM.

Did I waste my money??

I thought the same, can't you just email us customers with a redeem code for the new App? I bought TeamSpeak for my iPhone less than a month ago and now you're giving it away to everyone, I just feel I threw my money away.

new app?

I read an announcement talking about the current app will no longer update, it will be deleted and replaced with another substitutive app, but did I understand well? The new app will be free for all from 10th to 23th december?

Will be this app the umpteenth app that I buy and it become cancelled and renewed with a new, although for few days free app?
    Last edited by antipro; November 25th, 2012 at 04:53 PM.

updates in the iOS teamspeak for Ipod

Hi, recently I saw an advice which said I needed to enter to the teamspeak page if I didnt want to re-buy the application for my Ipod, since there will be a new update etc. So here I am but I dont know where I need to check for that information, if someone can help me thank you

You won't have to re-buy the app. They will be giving the app for free between December 10th and 23rd, so you'll have to go to the AppStore and "purchase" the new version of teamspeak. That's the solution they're giving so you don't have to pay for it again.

Luckas

oh ok, thank you!

You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiAkash View Post
    i purchased teamspeak app on my ipad and after the update it says it would be free for everyone
    If you like and use the app (which I assume as otherwise you probably would not have bought it in the first place) you did not, but rather you supported TeamSpeak.

Quote Originally Posted by meltman90 View Post
    I thought the same, can't you just email us customers with a redeem code for the new App? I bought TeamSpeak for my iPhone less than a month ago and now you're giving it away to everyone, I just feel I threw my money away.
    While that sounds like a fair and nice solution, unfortunately apple doesn't support that and hence the only choice is to either force everyone into paying again (Apple's preferred choice) and the app being free for a limited time (the choice we took).

The App will be available for free for 2 weeks before Christmas.. consider it a Christmas gift, sale, event whatever you want to call it and be happy you don't have to pay again.

Apple is ridiculous. I'm starting to hate it.

So they did away with the redeemable codes? I know this was something that iTunes store supported that I wish would be added to other eStores I use.

Thanks, I came here looking for this information. I'll wait for the 10th to get it handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    While that sounds like a fair and nice solution, unfortunately apple doesn't support that and hence the only choice is to either force everyone into paying again (Apple's preferred choice) and the app being free for a limited time (the choice we took).

The App will be available for free for 2 weeks before Christmas.. consider it a Christmas gift, sale, event whatever you want to call it and be happy you don't have to pay again.
    It is absolutely no problem to create redeem codes for this app and give those codes to customers that send you a proof of purchase.

So, why do you blame Apple with false claims?

Quote Originally Posted by Codebaker View Post
    It is absolutely no problem to create redeem codes for this app and give those codes to customers that send you a proof of purchase.

So, why do you blame Apple with false claims?
    The reason you have to purchase again, is an imposed limitation by Apple, while it is true that you can purchase codes the problem with those is they are limited to a specific country.
    These are not false claims, it could've easily been avoided if Apple were cooperative.

We would've liked to send out a mass email notifying existing customers, however this is not possible as Apple doesn't provide developers with that data.

Thread Information