Forum

Question ServerQuery Permissions Problem

I just updated my server from 3.0.0 to the latest build. I logged in with my client side Query Admin to check out what new permissions i needed to add to various user groups. The problem is, all Query Admins are now missing the permissions i_channel_permission_modify_power, i_client_permission_modify_power, and i_permission_modify_power.

I telneted in logging in as follows:

login serveradmin *PASSWORD*
    use sid=1

Then i tried:

servergroupaddperm sgid=2 permsid=i_permission_modify_power permvalue=100 permnegated=0 permskip=0

AND

servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=50 permsid=i_channel_permission_modify_power permvalue=100 permnegated=0 permskip=0

both of which generated the following error:
    error id=2570 msg=insufficient\spermission\smodify\spower

I even stopped the server, went in and manually added the following rows to the perm_server_group table:

1 2 0 i_channel_permission_modify_power 100 0 0
    1 2 0 i_client_permission_modify_power 100 0 0
    1 2 0 i_permission_modify_power 100 0 0

That did not work either. Query admins still don't have those permissions. So what am i doing wrong here?
    Last edited by LogicSequence; November 26th, 2012 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LogicSequence View Post
    error id=2570 msg=insufficient\spermission\smodify\spower

I even stopped the server, went in and manually added the following rows to the perm_server_group table:
    1 2 0 i_channel_permission_modify_power 100 0 0
    1 2 0 i_client_permission_modify_power 100 0 0
    1 2 0 i_permission_modify_power 100 0 0
    That did not work either. Query admins still don't have those permissions. So what am i doing wrong here?
    The error you get points to fact of missing GRANT permission values.
    And the addition of permissions you performed covers only permissions themself, not their GRANT values.
    Add same permissions as you did above while this time replace "i_" with "i_needed_modify_power_"

;-)

I'm not sure precisely what you want me to do, but here's what i tried. I'll just post the SQL query cause it's easier.

I've run the following on the database (stopped server, run queries, restarted server), the last three are what i think you were telling me to do:

INSERT INTO `perm_server_group` (`server_id`, `id1`, `id2`, `perm_id`, `perm_value`, `perm_negated`, `perm_skip`) VALUES ('1', '2', '0', 'i_channel_permission_modify_power', '100', '0', '0');

INSERT INTO `perm_server_group` (`server_id`, `id1`, `id2`, `perm_id`, `perm_value`, `perm_negated`, `perm_skip`) VALUES ('1', '2', '0', 'i_client_permission_modify_power', '100', '0', '0');

INSERT INTO `perm_server_group` (`server_id`, `id1`, `id2`, `perm_id`, `perm_value`, `perm_negated`, `perm_skip`) VALUES ('1', '2', '0', 'i_permission_modify_power', '100', '0', '0');

INSERT INTO `perm_server_group` (`server_id`, `id1`, `id2`, `perm_id`, `perm_value`, `perm_negated`, `perm_skip`) VALUES ('1', '2', '0', 'i_needed_modify_power_channel_permission_modify_p ower', '100', '0', '0');

INSERT INTO `perm_server_group` (`server_id`, `id1`, `id2`, `perm_id`, `perm_value`, `perm_negated`, `perm_skip`) VALUES ('1', '2', '0', 'i_needed_modify_power_client_permission_modify_po wer', '100', '0', '0');

INSERT INTO `perm_server_group` (`server_id`, `id1`, `id2`, `perm_id`, `perm_value`, `perm_negated`, `perm_skip`) VALUES ('1', '2', '0', 'i_needed_modify_power_permission_modify_power', '100', '0', '0');

This did not work. The entries are clearly visible in the DB table, however my permissions still look like this:

http://imgur.com/lblkW

Please note, this is how it looked priory to any DB edits as well. Nothing has changed.

Did i do what you were telling me to do incorrectly?

OY.... I think we both missed this. Server ID for a ServerQuery Admin should always be 0, not the actual ID of the server. That's why it wasn't working.

The SQL needed to be:

INSERT INTO `perm_server_group` (`server_id`, `id1`, `id2`, `perm_id`, `perm_value`, `perm_negated`, `perm_skip`)
    VALUES ('0', '2', '0', 'i_channel_permission_modify_power', '100', '0', '0');

INSERT INTO `perm_server_group` (`server_id`, `id1`, `id2`, `perm_id`, `perm_value`, `perm_negated`, `perm_skip`)
    VALUES ('0', '2', '0', 'i_client_permission_modify_power', '100', '0', '0');

VALUES ('0', '2', '0', 'i_permission_modify_power', '100', '0', '0');

I do have another problem now tho, when i try to edit groups' i_group_auto_update_type with the QA, i get a insufficient group modify power error. Even tho the QA's i_group_modify_power is 100 and grant 100. My Server admin account can do it just fine. WTF?

Missing grant for the i_group_auto_update_type most likely.

These kind of things are part of the reason why having query groups on regular clients is frowned upon and highly dangerous to your server's health and permission system. It's just too easy to click or remove the wrong thing...

You should never add anyone to the query admin group! EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Missing grant for the i_group_auto_update_type most likely.

These kind of things are part of the reason why having query groups on regular clients is frowned upon and highly dangerous to your server's health and permission system. It's just too easy to click or remove the wrong thing...

You should never add anyone to the query admin group! EVER!
    I've been a SysAdmin for quite some time. I generally know what i am doing. I did, after all, know how to edit the SQL DB. And i probably could have figured all of this out on my own, but i thought asking you nice folks would be quicker. I can handle having a QA client. Frankly i like the interface better than telneting in all the damned time. Anyways, i digress.

You are incorrect. The Admin Server Query group has a grant permission for i_group_auto_update_type of 100. However, i still receive a insufficient group modify power error upon trying to change the value.

Thread Information