Forum

Having to switch playback devices in options menu

Hello,

I have had this issue for many many months:

I currently have and xfi fatality sound card installed and running windows 7 64 bit. The issue? If i open ts3 and run it before i open my browser/ game it mutes the game and sound. For example I can still play in game but with no sound and hear my clanmates in ts3 when they speak. I can also watch the youtube videos etc but without any sound. All my drivers are up to date.

I have done some troubleshooting of my own and the default settings do not work. I can leave playback mode as automatically find best one. I have 3 options for playback device:

SPDIF OUT (2-CREATIVE SB XFI)
    SPEAKERS (2-CREATIVE SB XFI)

I found that I can launch my game/ internet browser (doesnt matter i have tried with all and other games and still have the issue) I can hear my clanmates in ts3 speaking when my playback device is SPEAKERS (2-creative sb xfi) but the game will launch without sound. If i launch the game while i have the playback device as SPDIF OUT (2-screative sb xfi) then I will have sound in game but cannot hear my clanmates until i switch the playback device back to SPEAKERS. Although my clanmates can still hear me.

Another bug I found is that I will have my playback device as SPEAKERS (2-creative sb xfi) and I will click on play sound test feature and it will not play until i switch to a different channel.

any help is greatly appreciated.... its been driving me crazy the past few months.

update:

i went into sound options for windows 7 and disabled the SPDIF OUT feature, still having issues though.. after some more trouble shooting i click on the play test sound and still wont hear it until I change channels then it will play at the same time as "switched channels" is said.
    Last edited by Chris; November 27th, 2012 at 09:54 AM.

so now everytime i launch ts3, after opening it initially i have to change my playback device before launching my game/youtube/browser for it to not mute my sound.

Try and disable all the plugins in your TeamSpeak client and make sure your windows sound settings are properly configured.
    You might want to disable the "Applications can take exclusive control" checkbox and make sure TeamSpeak uses specified devices instead of the defaults.

did all that specified and still having the same issue.

If you disabled the exclusive control in windows and games are still muted then there is most likely something wrong in the driver settings somewhere...

roger, i will continue to trouble shoot and look into the drivers.. thanks again..will post when i find the issue

Thread Information