Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Server Admin can't edit Channel Icons

Hey guys!

I just created a new ts server on a server. I want to give it away to some friends to use it for their clan and stuff.
    So i created a new Server Group for them with all the rights they need (kick, ba, channel, groups, everything but not the rights, that they can destroy the server or take it over from me xD) Nevermind...
    I have a problem! Everything is right so far, but ONE simple thing. Google didnt show something helpful, so i am trying here.

The new group can NOT change/delete/set Channel Icons! ( insufficient permission modify power )
    "b_icon_manage" is of course activated. So it's not that.
    It doesn't matter, if i activate Skip or not or if i am Channel Admin or not.

I don't know what it could be! I want, that this group can manage the channel icons as well!
    So i would be very glad if somebody helps me to fix that issue.
    Thank you very much and apologize my english, i am from Germany and don't speak the language so perfect.

Seegurke

the new group also needs a grant value for i_icon_id and an i_permission_modify_power >= the grant value entered for i_icon_id.
    To upload new icons also i_max_icon_filesize of the maximum file size for the icons he should be allowed to upload.

I checked this and everything is okay, but when i want to change an existing icon, it's still "<15:07:38> insufficient permission modify power".

It's solved. I activated Skip for i_permission_modify_power - works now. Hairy thing. Thanks and can be closed!

(ROFL, i need to change i_permission_modify_power for EVERY CHANNEL.
    Pretty ineffective.)

Okay, it's not solved, same problem with the settings it worked 2 minutes ago. What the fuck is this shit.

If i am spamming, tell me, then i stop it.

More information: I CAN upload and manage/delete icons at the server and i CAN edit channels (description and all the stuff)
    But i can NOT edit the icon of a channel!

i_permission_modify_power
    at client - doesn't care if on/off
    at server groups - 75 - doesn't care if skip or not or granted 75 or not
    at channels - doesn't care if 50 or not
    channel group channel admin is irrelevant
    channel client rights is irrelevant

UPDATE

WITH I_ICON_ID 75 granted it works now!
    this is totally confusing, dude.
    Last edited by Chris; November 29th, 2012 at 05:03 PM.

Ok so full overview:
    Prerequisites to edit icons are:
    • b_icon_manage
    • i_needed_modify_power_icon_id >= 1 (This is the grant column for i_icon_id)
    • i_permission_modify_power >= i_needed_modify_power_icon_id

If you want to edit channel Icons you need:
    • i_channel_permission_modify_power >= i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power of the channel you want to edit the icon of

If you want to be able to change the icons of clients you need:
    • b_virtualserver_client_permission_list
    • i_client_permission_modify_power >= i_client_needed_permission_modify_power of the client you want to edit the icon of

If you want to be able to change the icons of clients in a specific channel you need:
    • b_virtualserver_channelclient_permission_list
    • i_channel_permission_modify_power >= i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power of the channel you want to edit the icon of
    • i_client_permission_modify_power >= i_client_needed_permission_modify_power of the client you want to edit the icon of

If you want to be able to edit the icon of a server group you need:
    • b_virtualserver_servergroup_permission_list
    • i_group_modify_power >= i_group_needed_modify_power of the server group you want to edit the icon of.

If you want to be able to edit the icon of a channel group you need:
    • b_virtualserver_channelgroup_permission_list
    • i_group_modify_power >= i_group_needed_modify_power of the channel group you want to edit the icon of.

Thread Information