Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Privilege Key Help Please!

Ok so I went to start up a Virtual Server and being the noob that I am I exited out of the little box that tells you the password and privilege key before I could get a chance to type it in. When I run the application again and it goes to the box thing the key doesn't show up. I went into my privilegekey_guide.txt file and I copied the one in there into the privilege key slot but it won't work. If there is anything I can do to get the privilege key so I can make myself an admin, let me know.

Is it a newly installed server?
    You might want to check the server log for the privilege key.
    Or just - if it is a new server - redo from start. By deleting the directory and re-extracting the teamspeak-server files.

the privilege key is stored in the log file, however the query access credentials are not for obvious security reasons.
    Either way since the box only appears if the server is started for the first time just stop the server, delete the ts3server.sqlitedb and start it again this time copy or save the information displayed. The server is accessible and working even if the window is still being displayed so there is no hurry closing it.

Where is the log file? Where is ts3server.sqlitedb? I swear the whole damn teamspeak team expects you to know where all this is.... Just tell us... Make a guide.. Record a video... HELP US... damn it shouldn't be so hard to find your key again...

EDIT:

Found the file: ts3sever.sqlitedb and deleted. Closed all servers running in my icon tray. Restarted the server and BOOM got my key back. That was way harder than it should of been but now that I know what to do its easy. I'm going to make a video to help everyone in the world who has made the same mistake.
    Last edited by DarkLordSen; October 25th, 2013 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordSen View Post
    Where is the log file? Where is ts3server.sqlitedb? I swear the whole damn teamspeak team expects you to know where all this is.... Just tell us... Make a guide.. Record a video... HELP US... damn it shouldn't be so hard to find your key again...
    Why on earth must all people who clearly seem to miss a great deal of basic server operation knowledge need to run their own server? If you are unfamiliar with such things as logs and databases, paths and so on. Just rent a server.

BTW that is not teamspeak related, but those basic things missing is as if you want to drive a car and ask your mechanic how to lace your shoes.

Thread Information