Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question Skipping channelgroups permission.

Hello everyone.

I've been killing all my neurons trying to solve the following situation:

I have Game - servergroups that defines users by games (add power 0; needed power 35);
    I have Game Commander - servergroups (add power 35; needed power 75);
    I have Guild - channel groups that defines users by guilds (add power 0; needed power 40);
    I have Guild Leader - channel admins (add power 40; needed power 75).

With the following list of channels and subchannels,

Channel A
    Subchannel A1
    Subchannel A2
    Subchannel A3

Channel B
    Subchannel B1
    Subchannel B2
    Subchannel B3

I need that a channel admin that is on a channel or subchannel be able to give server permissions (Game) to users on every channel but i want the channel (Guild) permission to be added only to a user in the Root Channel. This is made to make channel groups to be added in the root channel, for the permissions be inherited to the other sub channels.

EDIT: Also, the Game commander should only give game access (server permit), and the Guild commander both of them (Server and Channel).

One way i thought possible, was to use the group channel permissions, but something doesn't work. I tried to use the b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions for it to skip the channel groups but it don't work. Another way was to set the different add/need permissions in the channels differently than those in the subchannels. Failed again.

Does someone knows exaclty how the "b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions" and "i_group_needed_member_add_power" works in the channel permissions tab? Beats me honestly...
    Last edited by hnd11; December 4th, 2012 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hnd11 View Post
    I need that a channel admin that is on a channel or subchannel be able to give server permissions (Game) to users on every channel but i want the channel (Guild) permission to be added only to a user in the Root Channel. This is made to make channel groups to be added in the root channel, for the permissions be inherited to the other sub channels.

EDIT: Also, the Game commander should only give game access (server permit), and the Guild commander both of them (Server and Channel).
    None of the above is easily doable, adding groups is determined by i_group_member_add_power, if you have it you can give the group, otherwise not.
    You could try and set the i_group_member_add_power to a value that doesn't allow adding groups on the channel permission level.

Quote Originally Posted by hnd11 View Post
    Does someone knows exaclty how the "b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions" and "i_group_needed_member_add_power" works in the channel permissions tab? Beats me honestly...
    the b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions just makes whoever has it ignore channelgroup and channel permissions.
    i_group_needed_member_add_power specifies how much add_power you need to add someone into this group, not sure it is supported at all on the channel level though, wouldn't make much sense as usually channel groups have this permission and would overwrite the channel permission as its a higher tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    ...the b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions just makes whoever has it ignore channelgroup and channel permissions.
    i_group_needed_member_add_power specifies how much add_power you need to add someone into this group, not sure it is supported at all on the channel level though, wouldn't make much sense as usually channel groups have this permission and would overwrite the channel permission as its a higher tier.
    heya Chris, thanks for the response, but regarding the same situation still:
    - If the permission tier is
    Tier 1: Server Groups
    Tier 2: Client Specific Permissions
    Tier 3: Channel Specific Permissions
    Tier 4: Channel Groups
    Tier 5: Channel and Client Specific Permissions

if i set Channel specific permissions (tier3) with b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions what would this imply? Does this means that the Tier4 and 5 are ignored?

no, it only ignores the channel permissions and channel group permissions and since it doesn't really make sense to use it as a channel permission it doesn't actually seem to work as a channel permission.

Thread Information