Forum

Teamspeak3 client with Ryzen 3000 CPUs

I've noticed that several applications are causing extremely high idle voltage usage with the new Ryzen 3000 series CPUs.

When I fresh boot to Windows with no applications open other than CPU-Z, idle CPU voltage is between 0.8v-1.0v. Launching TS3 causes a large voltage spike to ~1.45v on all cores, which are constantly boosting to high frequencies. The voltage sits at this value for the whole duration

Quote Originally Posted by Roosta View Post
    I've noticed that several applications are causing extremely high idle voltage usage with the new Ryzen 3000 series CPUs.

When I fresh boot to Windows with no applications open other than CPU-Z, idle CPU voltage is between 0.8v-1.0v. Launching TS3 causes a large voltage spike to ~1.45v on all cores, which are constantly boosting to high frequencies. The voltage sits at this value for the whole duration

Given that these CPUs are very new I would personally wait for updated Windows and AMD drivers before making such conclusion. Especially make sure you are running Windows 1903 where these CPUs should be the best supported. Clocks are managed by drivers, which as I said are probably not exactly fully ironed out yet.

Thread Information