Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

How do I get rid of the TS debug file spam?

I've tried searching for this error online and it never shows up. I don't know what it's actually called, but when I click on TS to start it up, it generates an error pop box that says:

"The Teamspeak 3 client has crashed. There is a debug file that the developers can use to help fix the problem. Please upload the file to the Teamspeak forums.

C:\Users\...\Documents\ts3_clientui-win64-1351504843-2012-12-07 23_20_19.978127.dmp"

The original error was easily fixed years ago but I kept getting spammed with a new .dmp file. The number kept increasing. Eventually I got fed up and deleted all of the .dmp files. Now TS3 is just generating the .dmp files all over again. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it picked up right where it left off. How do I fix this issue? I can't log into TS because I can't past this stupid error warning and reinstalling TS3 doesn't help.

Well I uninstalled the current version of TS3 3.0.9.2., cleaned the registry using CCleaner, then installed TS3 3.0.0-beta36. That booted up with no issues. It asked to update, I said yes. TS3 updated, then when it restarted it asked to make some files for itself, I said yes. Now I can start it up and close it whenever I want with no problems. I lost my old server addresses for now but I believe this solved the issue. Very annoying work around having to lose all my data.

If the client crashes for some reason it of course will create a dmp file to help us locate and possibly fix the problem. These files are only created once the client crashes, one file for each crash.
    Either way, since you were able to fix it by deleting your configuration you probably had something wrong in the configuration. In the future just zip the dmp and upload it to this thread. We can then analyze the crash more easily and possibly find whats wrong.

Thread Information