Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Automatically name clients after game they play

Hi,
    I wanted to throw something on the server so that, for example, a player playing in cs automatically in its name comes the word [CS], I + feebsd ssh server, and really have no idea how to get and how to install that each user can benefit from this without any interference,
    http://online.freeware.info.pl/games.html
    sorry for my vocabulary, I am Polish and I speak a little English
    Last edited by nowas89; September 14th, 2018 at 11:23 AM.

You'd need to have a bot running on the same machine as the TeamSpeak server, that bot would then query the game server and compare existing clients against the people on the game server (for example by IP address).
    If they match they are assigned a server group named after the game tag you want to show in front of the players name in TeamSpeak. Each of these server groups would have the i_group_show_name_in_tree permission assigned so that the name is shown in front of their nicknames. You could then even move those players to a particular channel automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You'd need to have a bot running on the same machine as the TeamSpeak server, that bot would then query the game server and compare existing clients against the people on the game server (for example by IP address).
    If they match they are assigned a server group named after the game tag you want to show in front of the players name in TeamSpeak. Each of these server groups would have the i_group_show_name_in_tree permission assigned so that the name is shown in front of their nicknames. You could then even move those players to a particular channel automatically.
    Hey Chris,
    How about this plugin 'AppScanner' that I rarely use, does this only work peer to peer and not accessible server-side?
    Sure would make development a little easier, being that it's already in place for everyone...

i already asked long time ago in the forum but the ts developers say its a addon and stays a addon. are thinking on adding some features tsx bot.

Well, since you and I already discussed this before Master_Jochen, I thought I'd give it a whirl.. Opening a socket for every game server that comes along isn't exactly efficient IMHO. Not only that, but every client would need to keep their nickname identical across every server (If matching name <-> name), and users that utilize the same home router/IP with numourus TS3 connections wouldn't work so well either, with the purposed answer above.. Which is fine, but I get clients on my servers that use numerous game servers / games, I'm not too inclined to start scanning half a dozen game servers or so 24/7 just to change tags / icons myself.. I know it can be done, but why? When there's already this 'plugin' that comes with, dying to be utilized...

Last edited by Scor9ioN; December 12th, 2012 at 06:20 PM.

I must admit, I was expecting some kind of response by now, guess the TS3 team doesn't like responding to me.

I'll keep this under advisement for the future, and refrain from asking a single TS3 'team member' anything ever again. Pretty disappointed to say the least guys...

Now let's see, your question was posted on 12/12/12 16:36, and you expected an answer by 12/13/12 03:55, so that's like merely 11 hours and then some, pretty demanding don't you think?

Either way to answer your question: Plugin communication routes through the server usually, unless extraordinary measures are taken and you code everything yourself.
    The data is not available to the server, it just get's passed through.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Now let's see, your question was posted on 12/12/12 16:36, and you expected an answer by 12/13/12 03:55, so that's like merely 11 hours and then some, pretty demanding don't you think?

Either way to answer your question: Plugin communication routes through the server usually, unless extraordinary measures are taken and you code everything yourself.
    The data is not available to the server, it just get's passed through.

'Demanding' - I was expecting some kind of remark to this effect.

No, I'm not demanding, you respond to a new comer on here, with 0 posts within' a 14 minute time span, yet a user - that's worked on code for YOUR product over 4 months now, with over 100 posts, with numerous posts in the past ALSO directed at your TS3 staff, I receive 0 response(s). Sorry, until now... And what a response.

Yeah, call me demanding...

And thanks for answering me with the obvious, peer-to-peer ONLY it is. And never will you entertain the notion.

I'll go back to my thread now where I get a little more respect for my time and efforts here.

Thread Information