Forum

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Solved Admin Query Interface removed

Hi, as you may or may not know the ts creators have almost COMPLETELY removed server query (as that i know of when update 3.0.9 was released) but why.... why? please let me know why asap thanks

Your Teamspeak user,

Zppix

From the changelog:
    Quote Originally Posted by changelog.txt
    - Removed built-in serverquery Window. Future server versions do not support this anymore.

Server Query Panel

After you install the update disappeared from the tool panel Server Query. What to do?

I apologise, but it not absolutely that is necessary for me. There are other variants?

Client-side ServerQuery disappeared in 3.0.9.1

I upgrade my teamspeak client to the 3.0.9.1 and I can't use ServerQuery by tools There is just ServerQuery Login I sthat bug? Or Will it be on 3.1 ?

You can use any telnet client, for example putty.

Why did you remove it?

The build in query tool was removed because it was causing problems in the server. The query commands were included into the UDP data stream send from the client to the server. During a code redesign the responsible code has been removed, hence the build in Query will no longer work with future server versions and was removed from the client.

We have plans to include a new query tool that uses tcp to connect to the regular query interface in a future version of our client, but this will take some time and there are other features that come before that.

I host my own server locally,I don't want/need to telnet or tcp into the server.
    I've never used putty or the like and don't particularly want to start.
    What is ServerQuery Login for?

Can I go back to 3.0.8,do what I need to do in server query then update back to 3.0.9.2 and have everything I did in server query still work/enabled etc?

Thanks

The only extra steps when using putty or such is starting the other app, and entering the connection address. You can even save the server address in Putty. Once the telnet window is open the commands are the same as you used in the client's server query window.

ServerQuery Login allows users that have permission (normally Server Admins) to create a user name and get a generated password for using in Server Query. This will allow them access to the permission granted to that user while using server query.

I don't have the query console anymore

Hi,

Since now a few weeks, I don't have the query console anymore in my tools menu. It just disappeared. Is that normal ? I didn't change any of my permissions (I checked it and the b_serverquery_login is good, like everything else) and I am the server owner.

I don't have a clue on what is the problem, thanks in advance for helping me.

Here's a screenshot : http://www.zupmage.eu/up/grKXzeTxLr.png

Quote Originally Posted by Doezer View Post
    Since now a few weeks, I don't have the query console anymore in my tools menu. It just disappeared. Is that normal ? I didn't change any of my permissions (I checked it and the b_serverquery_login is good, like everything else) and I am the server owner.
    There is a thread about this:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ighlight=query

Also, you can always know the "pros & cons" of any version reading the changelog information:
    Help --> View Changelog

Thank you, that explains everything.

ServerQuery Login problem..

Hi there tools in the Server Query input. I wonder what is the problem I can not log ServerQuery admin. a few of my friends complain about the same problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This has been answered many times, Server Query has been removed since version 3.0.9, to log into Server Query Admin use telnet

Thread Information