Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: summing powers

summing powers

i have set up a group "ban guest"
    there are:
    i_client_ban_power 10
    i_client_ban_max_bantime -1
    --> if a moderator is just member of this group then he could ban guests for an arbitrary period (eg 2days, 1week)... this works fine

i have set up a second group "ban member"
    there are:
    i_client_ban_power 50
    i_client_ban_max_bantime 86400 (=1day)
    --> if a moderator is just member of this group then he could ban members for an arbitrary period less than or equal to 1day ... this works fine

the problem occurs when a moderator is a member of both groups. He could ban members and guests for one day, but isnt able to ban guests for a longer time.

so my question is: "Any idea to solve the different ban-times and powers? Or is this impossible?"

I would like to apologize for my bad english, since my last lesson was a while ago. My main language is german. So, if any german read this please answer me per pm.

In the grup "ban guest"

i_client_ban_max_bantime -1 ..... checkbox "Negate"

hallo jordi. thank you for your reply.
    i_client_ban_max_bantime -1 ..... checkbox "Negate"
    i have tried this, but now the moderator could ban member for more than 1day.

Indeed, with the flag "Negate" the Moderator can ban indefinitely (-1), all members of the server group, where he has power enough.

I want to set up moderator-permissions:
    - ban members of the group "member" for max 1day
    - ban members of the group "guest" for various time in the discretion of the moderators
    my solution approach was to create 2groups, because i didnt know a solution with the permissionsystem.
    the two groups above work well, as long as a moderator is member of only one of these groups. I fear that a moderator ban some member for a longer time if he had the permission to do that. banpower is a very powerful force, so "only as much as necessary, never as much as possible".
    How can i set up this?

Is this a bug in the permission system? Because I add with the second group some more permissions, but the owner of both groups get smaller permissions.
    PLEASE HELP
    Last edited by nobody911; December 28th, 2012 at 10:04 AM.

You cannot.

While you can be a member of several server groups and can also get permissions from elsewhere (like channel, channel group etc.) at the end of the day you only have each permission that has been granted to you once and those that you have multiple times are merged.
    So if like in your case your moderators have i_client_ban_power twice (once with 10 and then with 50) after the merging they will have 50, with the i_client_ban_max_bantime they have -1 and 86400 now they would have 86400 after the merging but because you specified negate there, they will have the lowest value after the merging.

Thread Information