Forum

Group Sort ID not sorting users

Hello, I manage a teamspeak server that is used as a large gaming community's communication venue. This server works great, however the Staff and Admin are sorted alphabetically with the citizens, even though their sort ID's are all different. The Owner rank is still at the top of the sorting list, while everyone else is below. The groups are purely server groups, all users have the same channel group.

Problem Fixed: I needed to set the group's talk power. All is well now, I just thought I'd put this out there for anyone who had the same misunderstanding as I did.

Group Sort ID, defines sort order of the groups, not users.

can someone either point to a thread or walk me through step by step on how to sort it so that, say the officers (using us military ranks) are on top of NCOs, and so on down the line.

Also, if I want to add on a server group later and move it above one of the ranks, up the server group list, how to I do that too?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kointoss View Post
    can someone either point to a thread or walk me through step by step on how to sort it so that, say the officers (using us military ranks) are on top of NCOs, and so on down the line.

Also, if I want to add on a server group later and move it above one of the ranks, up the server group list, how to I do that too?

Thanks
    Within the permission dialog (and context menu) groups are sorted using their i_group_sort_id permission, lowest value is on top highest at the bottom.
    Users within channels are sorted by their i_client_talk_power permission and then alphabetically for those that have the same talk power.

So all you have to do is make sure the talk power and / or group sort id is climbing in the correct order

Thread Information