Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

setup domain on for ts3 server

Hello

I am fairly new here, and have been looking for a solution for my problem but couldn't really find anything. If I am wrong please redirect me to that thread.

The problem I am having is the following:
    I am hosting a ts3 server at home, the problem with this is that I do not have a static ip-address. My internet service provider allows for all of it customers to have a website (users.telenet.be/username), I have set this up and now I am wondering whether it is possible to connect to my teamspeak server by using users.telenet.be/username as the address in the ts3 client.

kind regards Krolden

I am quite sure that the website does not point to your router's wan ip but so some internal server of that provider.
    Therefore it is not possible to connect through your domain.
    What you need is a dynamic dns configuration. Try to google it!
    Unfortunately you also cannot apply for a non profit license because among other requirements you need to have a static ip.

Can't I make some sort of a link on my website which then sais to go to my home ip?

If i had understod it right, you have a domain points to the same IP adresse of our PC, where a teamspeak 3 server is running.
    If it so, it could NEVER work, you can't connect connect from IP:5.5.5.5 to IP:5.5.5.5 theirfor you have "127.0.0.1" For every thing you have run on our PC and you would connect from our pc to this, you have to use "127.0.0.1"

And if you had a realy badass ISP you have only a IPv6 adress, but the ts3 client only support IPv4 (but this is very unlikely)

If the problem comes realy from the dynamic domain, go to no-ip.com create an account, create an host under Hosts/Redirects and now load the client and set it up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sry for bad english, but i hope I could help

After you started a dynamic dns service account somewhere you will receive a domain like $username.$dns_hoster.$tld which points to your home ip

Quote Originally Posted by ulfh1 View Post
    If i had understod it right, you have a domain points to the same IP adresse of our PC, where a teamspeak 3 server is running.
    If it so, it could NEVER work, you can't connect connect from IP:5.5.5.5 to IP:5.5.5.5 theirfor you have "127.0.0.1" For every thing you have run on our PC and you would connect from our pc to this, you have to use "127.0.0.1"

And if you had a realy badass ISP you have only a IPv6 adress, but the ts3 client only support IPv4 (but this is very unlikely)

If the problem comes realy from the dynamic domain, go to no-ip.com create an account, create an host under Hosts/Redirects and now load the client and set it up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sry for bad english, but i hope I could help
    Thanks a lot, this was really helpful, is there a way to give credits on this forum, because you deserve them.

Thread Information