Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved No limitations on max Value

Hi. I noticed there is a problem with permission system. First i thought it's a problem only on my server but when I created a clean new server it was the same.

AFAIR the max vlaue in column 'VALUE' in permission was 75 for a server admin is the 'Grant' is set to 75. The problem is that I can put everything there, even 9999. That means I can create a server group that is able to ban Server Query Admin without any problems because query group is set to 100 with everything.

Shouldn't the Query Admin be the strongest group?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Could it be remotely possible that the user you are using hast "b_permission_modify_power_ignore" set?!

No, this option is not checked.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This is no bug or so.
    It is normal that you can set several integer permissions to higher values then the default.
    It has nothing to do with the GRANT value. GRANT is used to determine who can set a permission, not to what value.

You can only ban someone if they dont have "b_client_ignore_bans" assigned.
    ASQ has this permission by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    This is no bug or so.
    It is normal that you can set several integer permissions to higher values then the default.
    It has nothing to do with the GRANT value. GRANT is used to determine who can set a permission, not to what value.

You can only ban someone if they dont have "b_client_ignore_bans" assigned.
    ASQ has this permission by default.
    You can't ban him, thats right but you can instanly kick him if he joins server.

So you're saying that if I create a - lets say... - moderator that has everyhing on value 50 and give him rights to modify profiles. Now the moderator has rights to put on value 9999 and kick the main admin, ban everyone without ignore_bans.

There is no way to block that?

Only ServerAdmin should have value GRANT= 75 other groups must be under 75 or removed.

Maybe this can help you: TeamSpeak 3 Permissions Guide.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
    Only ServerAdmin should have value GRANT= 75 other groups must be under 75 or removed.

Maybe this can help you: TeamSpeak 3 Permissions Guide.txt
    Yes. But even if someone has GRANT < 75 he still can change his profile permissions to 9999, for kicking, banning, moving and some others.

Remove i_permission_modify_power for this server group

He is asking, if he gives someone permission to edit permissions if there is way to limit what values they can set.

@volt: Normally only few users should be able to edit permissions. This is sensitive area.

You cannot limit the value someone can assign to a permission if they are allowed to modify the permission.
    however you can allow them to edit permissions, but only certain permissions instead of all of them. If you don't enable them to edit the ban / kick permissions they won't be able to set high numbers on it.

Dont know a system either where you can set to what values a user can set permissions, only what permissions he can change.
    Also if Grant Value would be max for setting a permission, it would cause problems for permissions like icon_size, avatar_size, idle_time, max_ban_time etc.

Thread Information