Forum

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    We'll look into this.
    We looked into it and the current system does not support more keys than mouse 1 -3.
    This is no bug.

from 02-07-2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Only normal Keyboard and mouse 1,2,3 will work under linux.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showpost....79&postcount=6
    from 28-05-2010
    I am sorry to tell you, that the client under linux only will recognize the keyboard and the mouse buttons (1 ,2 and 3).

I create another ticket, as a feature request, but that does not mean that it will be added.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

We looked into it and the current system does not support more keys than mouse 1 -3.
    So, how do You explain this:

[ 9.381] (II) config/udev: Adding input device A4Tech PS/2+USB Mouse (/dev/input/event2)
    [ 9.381] (**) A4Tech PS/2+USB Mouse: Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"
    [ 9.381] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'A4Tech PS/2+USB Mouse'
    [ 9.381] (**) A4Tech PS/2+USB Mouse: always reports core events
    [ 9.381] (**) evdev: A4Tech PS/2+USB Mouse: Device: "/dev/input/event2"
    [ 9.381] (--) evdev: A4Tech PS/2+USB Mouse: Vendor 0x9da Product 0xa
    [ 9.381] (--) evdev: A4Tech PS/2+USB Mouse: Found 12 mouse buttons
    [ 9.381] (--) evdev: A4Tech PS/2+USB Mouse: Found scroll wheel(s)
    [ 9.381] (--) evdev: A4Tech PS/2+USB Mouse: Found relative axes
    [ 9.381] (--) evdev: A4Tech PS/2+USB Mouse: Found x and y relative axes
    [ 9.381] (II) evdev: A4Tech PS/2+USB Mouse: Configuring as mouse
    [ 9.381] (II) evdev: A4Tech PS/2+USB Mouse: Adding scrollwheel support
    [ 9.381] (**) evdev: A4Tech PS/2+USB Mouse: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
    [ 9.381] (**) evdev: A4Tech PS/2+USB Mouse: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
    [ 9.381] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:13.0/usb5/5-2/5-2:1.0/input/input2/event2"
    [ 9.381] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "A4Tech PS/2+USB Mouse" (type: MOUSE, id 8)
    [ 9.382] (II) evdev: A4Tech PS/2+USB Mouse: initialized for relative axes.

This is my Xorg.0.log part
    And more, my mouse works with firefox doing "back in history" with button 5 and "forward in history" with button 6.
    I don't have any additional applications to using that mouse, just standard X11.
    So, maybe there is a way to use this buttons.

There is nothing to explain here.
    As said our current hotkey system does not support more buttons.
    I never said, that it is impossible. One reason why i created a feature request ticket.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Now we just have a hope that future will come soon

4 years and its not fixed I'm in shock of the lack of support from their staff.

Anyway lets do a quick fix.

Step 1. Open up terminal

xev

Click in the box the button you want to be the PTT button

You'll get a bunch of stuff like :

ButtonRelease event, serial 40, synthetic NO, window 0x4800001,
    root 0xb6, subw 0x0, time 1595226, (2,2), root1368,723),
    state 0x200, button 8, same_screen YES

You're just looking for the 'button 8'. Whatever button that is, thats what we're looking for.

Step 2.

xinput

-- look for your mouse

(Example)
    Virtual core pointer id=2 [master pointer (3)]
    ⎜ ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ Razer DeathAdder id=10 [slave pointer (2)]

Step 2.

xinput get-button-map (your id number)

* mine was (10) so I put 'xinput get-button-map 10'

My return was 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Step 3.

xinput set-button-map (id)

My example:

xinput set-button-map 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

This is where we swap keys. The wheel click button is 2 and my side button is 8 so I just swap them.

xinput set-button-map 10 1 8 3 4 5 6 7 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

and done.

Hope this helps people.

"4 years and its not fixed" I remember trying linux about 3 years ago and going back to windows because of this issue. I try again years later and it's still broken. I'm now going to do the above, but it's a bit crap that my forward button for every other program in the OS will be different because TS3 can't fix this issue.

I'm guessing they'd have to replace their while button mapping tool to get it to work otherwise they would have done it by now...

You are right, we would have to replace the whole hotkey system for linux, to make it work.
    This is no bug at all, it is not supported.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...517#post366517

Hey guys, I know this thread has been going for quite some time with no really good solutions. I have come across something that works really really well.

http://blog.hanschen.org/2009/10/13/...ith-xbindkeys/

You can use xbindkeys and xte (xautomation) to emulate keypresses OS wide and works much nicer than key remapping (I found that pretty poor).

My ~/.xbindkeysrc :
    #TSTALK
    "xte 'keydown Scroll_Lock'"
    b:9

#TSSTOPTALK
    "xte 'keyup Scroll_Lock'"
    b:9 + Release
    This binds button 9 (found through using xev) to my Scroll_Lock key, which I use as my push to talk key. You'll need to start xbindkeys as a startup process, which is detailed at the bottom of the link for KDE. You'll need to install the xautomation package in order to have the xev command. You can test your configure by running `xbindkeys -v`. Don't worry if it warns you about not having a .xbindkeysrc.scm, I believe that's just a alternate configuration file you can use.

Perhaps the teamspeak programmers should have a look into the source code for xbindkeys, as it seems easily possible to detect mouse keypresses OS wide without needing root privileges . This is currently a pretty big issue for Linux users.

I never said, that it is impossible. One reason why i created a feature request ticket.
    Thank you for looking into this. I was wondering if I bound my side mouse button to a keyboard key if that would work.

Have you any ETA for it? I can't wait for it! :P

I found this thread, where you asked for help, its still valid?
    The developers don't know how they get the input, when the client isn't in focus.
    It would help ous, when somebody can tell us, how we get the informations from input, when TS isn't in focus.

The other thread is about hotkeys, when client isn't in focus.
    It's a different topic!

And no there is no ETA, this thread here would've been updated.
    Last edited by dante696; July 20th, 2015 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by laykun View Post
    Hey guys, I know this thread has been going for quite some time with no really good solutions. I have come across something that works really really well.
    I tried something similar but found that while holding b9 no other clicks (eg left right) would be recognized. It would essentially "lock" the rest of my mouse while I was talking on ts3.

Do you have this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by lachlans View Post
    "4 years and its not fixed" I remember trying linux about 3 years ago and going back to windows because of this issue. I try again years later and it's still broken. I'm now going to do the above, but it's a bit crap that my forward button for every other program in the OS will be different because TS3 can't fix this issue.

I'm guessing they'd have to replace their while button mapping tool to get it to work otherwise they would have done it by now...
    Just to clarify, Linux Base Operating Systems are not the thing that is broken here, it's Teamspeak.

You are right, we would have to replace the whole hotkey system for linux, to make it work.
    This is no bug at all, it is not supported.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...517#post366517
    Actually it IS A BUG, since the button mapping clearly works in every other program.

It's obvious you can't be bothered to do it properly on Linux, calling it a bug is obviously how your team avoids technically or politically difficult problems.

If mumble can get it right, why can't you.

It is no Bug anywhere (be it TeamSpeak or Linux).

We simply chose not to support additional mouse buttons (other than 1-3) on Linux at this point in time. Whether or not that will be added, and if when is an entirely different manner.

Since no meaningful discussion will come from this anyway, this thread is now closed.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Unable to set hotkey on a button of my mouse

EDIT : All right, thanks for moving topic, didn't found this one. Resolved the problem by tricks above my post. Thanks.

Hi,

This topic is posted here because the button I would like to put my hotkey on works on Windows.

I have a Logitech M500 mouse that has two buttons on the left:

Name:  1420153831-71qkp44j97l-sl1500.jpg
Views: 996
Size:  17.8 KB

I would like to have my push-to-talk hotkey on one of these two buttons, but when I configure the hotkey, TeamSpeak 3 seems to not detect these buttons (both). However, right and left click are working, as middle one.

How would it be possible to use these little buttons?

I am almost sure the problem is coming from TeamSpeak, as the fact these buttons are working on Mumble.

Regards,
    Sylve
    Last edited by Sylve; January 2nd, 2015 at 03:45 PM. Reason: merged (only mouse 1-3 will work on linux)

Thread Information