Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Solved Can't bind mouse (4,5,6,7,8,9...) buttons

Just tested TS3 Beta 6 on my Ubuntu 9.10 64 Bit Installation.

I would like to use of the thumb buttons of my Logitech MX518 for Push-To-Talk. But the configuration dialog does not recognize these. It only works with the mouse buttons 1 - 3, pressing the thumb buttons don't to anything, the "Press Hotkey Comibination" - "Dialog" also does not disappear.

The thumb buttons are working great with other application. For example in Mumble they are recognized as "Mouse 7" and "Mouse 8".

Got the same issue with my MX500.
    Can bind M1, M2, M3.
    Can NOT bind M4, M5, M6, M7 or M8.

• Linux Mint 7 'Gloria' 64 bits
    • TeamSpeak v3.0.0 beta7 64bits

Have you installed software that allows you to utilize those extra buttons (for example, btnx)? Linux (or at the very least, Ubuntu and it's offshoots) doesn't handle those extra mouse buttons by default.

Using btnx, ts3 recognizes all of the buttons on my Logitech G5 under Ubuntu 9.10 amd64. Now if only it didn't crash every two minutes... curse you, pulseaudio!

Quote Originally Posted by Exaxxion4096 View Post
    Have you installed software that allows you to utilize those extra buttons (for example, btnx)? Linux (or at the very least, Ubuntu and it's offshoots) doesn't handle those extra mouse buttons by default.
    Nope. Don't have to. They work perfectly fine in other softwares. Like Firefox, Mangler, World of Warcraft etc.

Now if only it didn't crash every two minutes... curse you, pulseaudio!
    I use 64bit version as well, never noticed any crashes. Just massive cpu usage in early beta versions. Updated to latest beta version?

Interesting... until I installed btnx, no programs recognized the additional mouse button presses. As to the crash, it's that same 100% CPU issue. I guess it's not really a crash, per se. It just becomes non-responsive and requires a kill.

Also using beta7.

Interesting... until I installed btnx, no programs recognized the additional mouse button presses. As to the crash, it's that same 100% CPU issue. I guess it's not really a crash, per se. It just becomes non-responsive and requires a kill.

Also using beta7.
    I do NOT use 'btnx', and my TS3 beta7 64bit doesn't "hang or crash", it just consumes almost 80%+ of both my cores.

Controller doesn't work

I haven't really looked around too much, but my Xbox 360 controller and PS2 USB adapter don't work with TS3 at all. Are controllers not supported or am I just missing some packages?

I'm running the latest 32 bit version of TS3 on Debian Testing. For any other info, here's a hardinfo report.

Edit: I've managed to find a program to map keys to my controller, which is called QJoyPad, but it would be nice to get the controller working directly in Teamspeak, if possible.
    Last edited by shantho; May 8th, 2010 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shantho View Post
    I haven't really looked around too much, but my Xbox 360 controller and PS2 USB adapter don't work with TS3 at all. Are controllers not supported or am I just missing some packages?

I'm running the latest 32 bit version of TS3 on Debian Testing. For any other info, here's a hardinfo report.

Edit: I've managed to find a program to map keys to my controller, which is called QJoyPad, but it would be nice to get the controller working directly in Teamspeak, if possible.
    * Does the controller work at all?
    * Have you tried to press the key-button on your keyboard and it works?

The controller works fine. I use it on rFactor all the time and it works with TS on Windows.

Yea, I can set it to any key on the keyboard or any mouse button and it will key up.

The controller works fine. I use it on rFactor all the time and it works with TS on Windows.
    Let me rephrase the questions:
    * Does the controller work at all in Linux.

Yea, I can set it to any key on the keyboard or any mouse button and it will key up.
    I assume you're talking about Linux here. Can you open gedit or any text editor and press the buttons on the gamepad to get outputs if you bind it to a letter?

I think I may have been a little confusing with my answers. Basically, the controller does work fine in Linux. I've used it with native apps and games in WINE.

I haven't tried binding letters to it yet, but I know the left Ctrl key works on the controller.

Can't bind mouse (4,5,6,7,8,9...) buttons

Alright, so I'm a dual booter, and an avid TeamSpeak user. In my Windows partition, I use my front side button (browser forward) as my push to talk. it's out of the way, my hand is always on it, and it's not too often that I've just gone back on my browser so it would mess me up.

So I installed Ubuntu again the other day and installed TeamSpeak 3 and tried to set it up, and I simply cannot use my side buttons as push to talk. I can in Mumble, and they take me forward and back in my broswer, but in the TeamSpeak window, I click to bind PTT button, and it just will not recognize them.

Is there a way for me to personally fix this? if not, I'd LOVE to see an update to add this funcionality.

Also, as a side note, please get TeamSpeak 3 in the Ubuntu Software Center. Or at the very least, give us a PPA.
    Last edited by iBurley; September 22nd, 2014 at 01:10 AM.

Why so many views and no comments? Somebody has to know something about this!

I have same problem.
    Ubuntu 12.10
    Mouse: A4TECH XL-760H (Mouse 3, Mouse 4 doesn't work)

Version of TS3:
    3.0.10 (27.2.13 16:08) [Stable] on Linux

Mouse 4 / Mouse 5 not working.

Hey.

I did some search on this, I only found some 2-3 years topics which said that this is tried to be fixed, but never managed to fix it. Is there anyway to get them work? At least mine doesn't work, (Logitech G400). The buttons work fine on Mumble, so they should work at least. Someone mentioned somewhere some "btnx", but apparently that didn't help anyone so I didn't bother to search for it.

so: does anyone know if theres a way to get them work?

I'm running Ubuntu 12.10 64 Bit, TeamSpeak 3.0.10.1.

Thread Information