Forum

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Necro'ing the thread.

I just want to say how ridiculous this is. 6 years (or more) and this STILL hasn't been fixed. No. I do not want re-map my mouse button(s) and lose the usability system-wide just so I could use the thumb button for PTT in TeamSpeak. This makes me so angry. How hard can this be to implement in linux? Other apps can do it (Mumble, for one), so why can't TeamSpeak as well?

There is no planned fix for this. We do not support it. As the thread title says already.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Or, to put it more aptly: "We don't think linux users are important enough to devote any effort towards fixing a major problem, just be happy we provide a client for you at all, damn commies."
    Last edited by StarkRG; February 17th, 2015 at 03:29 PM.

No? We just do not provide support for this with our hotkey system.

Nothing between the lines.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

But even workarounds don't work. I tried binding my mouse button to a keyboard key using kte which emulates a system-wide keypress, but TS isn't able to detect it.

It's not that it can't be done, it's just that you don't want to. Perhaps you don't realize what an incredible inconvenience this is? One thing's for sure, until this is resolved I'm not going to be recommending anyone use TeamSpeak. It looks like Mumble can do it so that's a much better option. Sadly, as we've already got a TS server that's no good for me, I'll just have to deal with using this broken software.

Yes we understand, that this is not the best situation for the linux client.
    We made a decision for that in 2013 and will not investigate man power to replace the whole hotkey system just for linux.
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    You are right, we would have to replace the whole hotkey system for linux, to make it work.
    This is no bug at all, it is not supported.
    Defiant comments like "i will use mumble then" / "Broken software" etc. do not belong into a support forum.
    We are not Mumble, we are different software with different code and developers.
    And no it's not broken software. This was explained several times "we do not support it".

Endless discussions -> This is nothing we want for everything
    Topic closed

Mouse buttons 4 and up need hotkey support on Linux / all OS's

I have my push to talk key binded to (keypad+) its killing me slowly, plz guys, this is a serious issue for many TS3 users

On Ubuntu 14.04 plz redirect me if needed, thank you!

Binding to mouse buttons in TeamSpeak 3

Hello,

I am having trouble with the keybinds in Teamspeak on Linux, I am trying to bind my mouse side buttons to Push-to-Talk, but the client only lets me bind Mouse 1 and 2 (which is utterly useless).

Ubuntu 16.04
    Logitech G400

It works fine in Mumble and the Discord client.

This just isn't supported by Teamspeak and most likely they won't fix it, as they don't refer to it as a bug.
    See this thread for further statements about this issue: http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/8...-8-9-)-buttons

I once tried to start a thread refering to an example implementation of working global key listening using Xlib that is able to capture all mouse buttons as well and should be easy to use in the Teamspeak client. Obviously, it didn't pass moderation.

This is all you need, works pretty neat:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ython-on-linux

As I got a different mouse button layout now, I was able to help myself mapping Shift Layer 3 on one button, if this is a solution for you.

Best regards,
    Wolle

Thread Information