Forum

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    How are the updates and new features coming along.

I have been using crosstalk with great pleasure for some time now.
    But now other teamspeak users have started using it as well, we play a game that support positional audio. Now is the positional audio really annoying for the way we use teamspeak.
    The problem lies in i can't seem to turn it off, when i go in to the positional audio options and deselect it it just re enables itself.

Confirmed.
    Note that disabling "3D Sound" in the TeamSpeak playback options should disable the rendering of 3D Positions already (as opposed to turning off the whole module via the checkbox that has the issue).

Currently my free coding time is put into the overwolf contest, the update schedule will depend on if I find the problem fast.

Thanks for any effort put in (it is your free time after all).
    I did disable 3D sound but it still uses stereo, so in my case it didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosound View Post
    Confirmed.
    Note that disabling "3D Sound" in the TeamSpeak playback options should disable the rendering of 3D Positions already (as opposed to turning off the whole module via the checkbox that has the issue).

Currently my free coding time is put into the overwolf contest, the update schedule will depend on if I find the problem fast.
    All your work is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Restarted computer and ts3 is dead

Restarted my computer and ts3 crashed on startup. Crashes immediately after any attempt to start ts3. Please fix!

Edit by Staff: Crashes in 3rd party plugin crosstalk_win32. Please update the plugin or contact the author for support / updates.
    Last edited by Chris; August 18th, 2014 at 09:57 AM. Reason: 3rd party plugin crash; moving to plugin thread

It as been a while someone post it here, thank for this awesome plug in, is it possible to disable the module Positional Audio? I disabled 3d sound in teamspeak options but it still is giving me some sort of stereo positional sound...

I'm still there no worries^^ Deadline for the OW Contest I'm participating is on Sep. 13, so I'm rather busy with that one atm.

Just to make sure, it ain't by any chance the Position Spread module causing that effect? It also does panning, so

I'm still there no worries^^ Deadline for the OW Contest I'm participating is on Sep. 13, so I'm rather busy with that one atm.

Just to make sure, it ain't by any chance the Position Spread module causing that effect? It also does panning, so
    All the best with the OW Contest.

Hi!
    I was wondering if you or someone did have an older version compatible with the api version 19 ?
    It works perfectly for me with an updated ts3 client but i'd like to use it with the ww2 plane radio effect plugin (http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...read.php?t=791)
    that has other interesting effect and would be perfect to mix, it'd be better if that plug in had an update but while waiting i was just wondering if there was older version of crosstalk somewhere?

Thanks

Apparently I don't have an API 19 compatible version laying around anymore, sorry, and in that specific case it's not one of those 5 minutes things to do as I'd have to get back to Qt4 once again and such - I'd probably be faster updating that WWII one to API20 if the source code was available.

Not that I've been any good with fullfilling request lately (no I haven't completely forgotten about the BSG Effect! and with Elite Dangerous nearing, my motivation might just get that last missing tip xD), but.. is there anything specific missing or does it just sound worse, ehr, better? Naturally, destroying audio in that way is a rather vague science ;(

Apparently I don't have an API 19 compatible version laying around anymore, sorry, and in that specific case it's not one of those 5 minutes things to do as I'd have to get back to Qt4 once again and such - I'd probably be faster updating that WWII one to API20 if the source code was available.

Not that I've been any good with fullfilling request lately (no I haven't completely forgotten about the BSG Effect! and with Elite Dangerous nearing, my motivation might just get that last missing tip xD), but.. is there anything specific missing or does it just sound worse, ehr, better? Naturally, destroying audio in that way is a rather vague science ;(
    If you can download and watch Battlestar Galactica 2004, the mini series and then season one, your get a pretty good idea of the various comms sounds heard between vipers, and between the Galactica and vipers during space battles. Maybe season 2 as well.

Then I would imagine you'd be able to maybe try and add the base effects in to the plugin and then maybe make a few BSG effect pre-sets since you know more about the plugin. Now this would be fantastic. I for one would like this, and with Star Citizen orgs (guilds) wanting to use their own teamspeaks instead of the future Star Citizen internal comms. Your plugin would become widely used... with a little help from me. And also in Elite Dangerous as you mention.

I've already quoted your plugin many times in my 'voice porting' threads on the Star Citizen forums, and once or twice on the Elite Dangerous forums.

Voice porting is a comms effect for VOIP that the devs of the game Interstellar Marines hope to implement next year in their Unity game engine. But managed to produce this demo video in 2008 on the UE3 engine. It shows player voice being heard through doors and walls, and with space helmet visors down and up. And going to radio comms when out of line of sight in a ships corridors. In some respects a bit like the ARMA2/3 ACRE plugin, and a whole lot more.

Watch this video here from 12 minutes 40 seconds onwards to hear voice porting:

voice porting - 2008 tech demo video from Interstellar Marines (from 12:40 minutes).

3d audio placement and other comms effects. CIG's own version of this and more. Hear sounds through doors and walls, the changing sounds with visor up and visor down etc. Voices you hear of other players in line of sight nearby and then going onto radio comms when out of sight. And much much more!

More on my voice porting idea to have it in Star Citizen: [HERE] which is the current thread I jumped on, and with a poll. And also my original thread for using voice porting in Star Citizen. [Here]

The Star Citizen devs have now said they are going to implementing their own version of something like voice porting for the in-game comms. I think I had a small role in that by lobbying hard on the forums for the last year since I had the idea of voice porting in Star Citizen. I personally will want to use the in-game comms because it will connect with the most players, especially outside of the BrownCoats org I joined. Comms like ship to moon, asteroid and planet space ports etc and with random people we meet in the universe. Also they plan to have HD webcam capturing player faces and using that data to drive 3d avatars...later down the development roadmap. So in-game comms will be very useful..as long as they can manage and police it.

I also suggest in my thread having a teamspeak hook-in plugin to bring voice porting to the private teamspeaks of any org that wants to use it. So everyone can share in voice porting comms effects.
    Last edited by JonnyRedHed; December 7th, 2014 at 06:04 AM.

Yeah, however I think the previous poster comes from the flight sim perspective, isup they're aiming at a different aesthetics.
    There's two things to mention about Interstellar Marines.

First, at this point environment stuff isn't doable for a general purpose plugin - simply because there's no environment information in mumble link. So I dunno if there's a door or a helmet. Technically, mumble link could easily be extended (officially or unofficially) to include such info, however it's the game dev's task to deliver the information to mumble link. Game specific plugins have an edge here, as demonstrated in the cool things ACRE plugins can pull off. However, as long as no one does it on a standardized basis, like sitting on top of mumble link, there's a chicken egg problem. Since it'd be bizarrely easy to e.g. add env data to the name field (GW2 does info on that field using a stringified JSON for a name), it's somewhat wasteful of doing the first step there not knowing if anyone would pick it up at all. Personally I think it's an unchartered opportunity here for TS as a company to push into this - I feel it'd be more helpful in sustaining their lead than let's say saving your settings in the cloud to pull an arbitrary example xD

Second, I'm pretty sure those guys use FMOD (or WWise) for their audio dsp - that's the sane thing to do. Meaning, they "just" interface the voice com to the game audio engine, which has the effect dsps pretty much available, e.g. reverb, delay, 3D Audio.
    Obviously there's an edge to have, I can't pull those quality dsp out of nowhere (although I wish I could ). I've been contemplating for quite a while to actually use FMOD or WWise for the Positional Audio and maybe also Radio FX, especially since both now offer an indie license for free. However, the thing is, while my plugin as a product would absobloodylutely fulfill those reqs, I'm not sure about TS as a host. Morally I feel it could be seen a little as some sort of cheating if TS doesn't fulfill them, you know, and I'd come along bringing it to their product as an indie plugin.

Aside from simply coding better DSP, there're also two other options, however both open options at the cost of simplicity of use.
    Adding VST Host capabilities for certain paths, like channel, whisper. Then folks could use the whole palette of free to costly professional audio plugins - but they would need to get them themselves obviously. Or, which probably no one would do besides of me, feeding those as Jack clients. Technically those two are sort of interchangeable, since (I think) both a vst plugin acting as JACK client as well as JACK VST hosts are available.

Yeah, however I think the previous poster comes from the flight sim perspective, isup they're aiming at a different aesthetics.
    There's two things to mention about Interstellar Marines.

First, at this point environment stuff isn't doable for a general purpose plugin - simply because there's no environment information in mumble link. So I dunno if there's a door or a helmet. Technically, mumble link could easily be extended (officially or unofficially) to include such info, however it's the game dev's task to deliver the information to mumble link. Game specific plugins have an edge here, as demonstrated in the cool things ACRE plugins can pull off. However, as long as no one does it on a standardized basis, like sitting on top of mumble link, there's a chicken egg problem. Since it'd be bizarrely easy to e.g. add env data to the name field (GW2 does info on that field using a stringified JSON for a name), it's somewhat wasteful of doing the first step there not knowing if anyone would pick it up at all. Personally I think it's an unchartered opportunity here for TS as a company to push into this - I feel it'd be more helpful in sustaining their lead than let's say saving your settings in the cloud to pull an arbitrary example xD

Second, I'm pretty sure those guys use FMOD (or WWise) for their audio dsp - that's the sane thing to do. Meaning, they "just" interface the voice com to the game audio engine, which has the effect dsps pretty much available, e.g. reverb, delay, 3D Audio.
    Obviously there's an edge to have, I can't pull those quality dsp out of nowhere (although I wish I could ). I've been contemplating for quite a while to actually use FMOD or WWise for the Positional Audio and maybe also Radio FX, especially since both now offer an indie license for free. However, the thing is, while my plugin as a product would absobloodylutely fulfill those reqs, I'm not sure about TS as a host. Morally I feel it could be seen a little as some sort of cheating if TS doesn't fulfill them, you know, and I'd come along bringing it to their product as an indie plugin.

Aside from simply coding better DSP, there're also two other options, however both open options at the cost of simplicity of use.
    Adding VST Host capabilities for certain paths, like channel, whisper. Then folks could use the whole palette of free to costly professional audio plugins - but they would need to get them themselves obviously. Or, which probably no one would do besides of me, feeding those as Jack clients. Technically those two are sort of interchangeable, since (I think) both a vst plugin acting as JACK client as well as JACK VST hosts are available.

Ok I understand. A 'BSG Effect' like you said before will be just perfect. When your working on that I'm happy to help test.

Hi!
    Thank you for replying so quickly!
    I'm sorry for the delay , i was working abroad for days ^^
    About those effect, i'm not sure to have the correct words, but it adds some crack and radio noise, it adds a duckvoice effect too , something you would expect from a ww2 air radio communication i guess
    and well i think that bsg effect would fit well in a ww2 "radio" effect aswell
    but you can hear some sample in this video :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fuWrdSdlRs
    @7"23 it'll be more explicit
    Last edited by jasoncarthes; December 18th, 2014 at 11:41 AM.

Thread Information