Forum

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    v1.3.2 fixes the ChannelDucker UI on the new Config window accessible via the plugins menu.

v1.4 adds the Positional Audio module

Name:  ct_screenie_posa.png
Views: 1708
Size:  14.5 KB

At the core of the module compatibility to Mumbleís Link convention is implemented, the increasing list of games supporting it includes ArenaNetís Guild Wars 2, a variety of Valve games and other titles.
    For more information on the Positional Audio module visit the dedicated module wiki on Github, the plugin can be downloaded here.

v1.4.1 adds a "Radio Frequency" implementation using channel groups

Other changes:
    * Positional Audio: Don't overwrite 3D distance attenuation when not in charge
    * Positional Audio: Fix a problem with re-centering clients when they leave your context
    * Remove deprecated plugin config dialog, replaced with an info window
    * some code cleanup
    Last edited by Philosound; July 16th, 2013 at 11:57 AM.

v1.4.2 brings convenience update to the recently introduced "Radio Frequency" variant.

* SET_SELF_CHANNEL_GROUP Plugin Command supports DEFAULT_CHANNEL_GROUP as parameter
    * Whisper Plugin Commands with target channelgroup have the default channel group blacklisted

Minor Issue with Channel Group Hotkey.

Using Plugin Command:
    /ct TS3_SWITCH_TAB_AND_WHISPER_START "My Server" CHANNEL_GROUP CURRENT

This works GREAT! However, I don't see my PTT bubble light up. Others see the PTT bubble turn red, but I don't see my own turn red. Can that be added so I know that it's working and I'm hitting the right key? Yeah I know, VERY minor, but just a feature request

Thanks!

/Dreadnaut

Hey man, not sure where to post this, but if it is in the wrong spot I apologize.

A few things would it be possible to make it so that we can have only certain people in the channel using the radio effect and other come across clean, while still having the other guy come across like a radio,

So,

TEAMSPEAK
    Guy 1 (Radio)
    Guy 2 (Radio)
    Guy 3 (Radio)
    Guy 4 (Clean voice)
    Music Bot (Clean Music)

Or is that what the server groups assignment is for. sorry, just a bit new with the program.

@Dreadnaut:
    This appears to be a client deficiency, I've reported this over here.

@Evans501
    Currently server groups aren't implemented for Radio FX. There're - as usual - many ways to add customization, since any require some work the question is which one will give the most. I could think e.g. of temporary/saved individual client blacklisting for individual clients, server groups, channel groups. Which one would you prefer? Since all of this needs to be shown to the user in some sort via the GUI (which is always most of the work), individual settings would be easiest isup.
    Last edited by Philosound; July 26th, 2013 at 12:41 PM.

I think that the best thing to do would be to do it through server groups. Blacklisting may work, but if you just have a setting for the server group that allows that user to be exempt from the frequency change, or allows them to set a different frequency. That would be really nice.

If you have 2 channels with 5 users each, and a 1 person in each channel needs to be able to talk as if they were not using a radio, but the people in both channels using radios would whisper to each other and talk to each other, I think that server groups would be the best thing to do in that situation to be honest.

then again, I do not know how hard that would be,

The goal that we are trying to accomplish is being able to make it sound like an F-16 Radio, we have pretty much got the sound, now all we need is just that one thing, and the ability to be able to record the radio transmissions with the ctrl+shit+r. That would be the best thing in the world, not to mention it would make for the ability to add in those perfect radio transmissions to videos and things like that for people who are interested.

I'll be on the road for a couple of weeks, so I decided to add a non-polished client variant accessible via the context menu.
    Note that I hadn't the time to properly polish this, so it might happen with connection/disconnection that this client setting gets transfered on an joiner after a blacklisted client leaves. It also won't save.

I'll fix those two when I get back, server groups I added as a ticket for myself, however it might take a considerable amount of time.

For recording, I drafted a workaround until the devs fix it.

v.1.4.3
    * add temporary client blacklisting for Radio FX

This is simply the best and most useful plugin out there. The only thing that disturbs me are those ugly ulgy settings dialogs.

Don't listen to that, you are beautiful, you know you are...

Hello

For a future version could you add to the Radio FX possibility of Roger Beep implementation? This is a sound that is played when the mic is active, when the mic is deactivated, or both. This was implemented in the abandoned "Walkie Talkie plugin".

http://youtu.be/IP9Kkb6MMT8?t=3m25s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_n_OdsEIjQ

Thank you very much.

I'm gonna look into it when I return.
    However, you can use the mic clicks option using whatever Sound Pack is in use or modify one for that.

A satisfactory Solution in my Book unfortunately opens a can where I probably will have to reimplement quite some Client functions that aren't accessible from my side of the fence - which adds the sort of redundancy bloat I very much dislike.

To specific a little.
    Given the Position Spread and Positional Audio modules, to have audial consistency, the clicks Need to be positionable. Now, that ain't a Problem if the positional Audio Module is Running and 3D Sound is enabled by the user (although Volume is sort of a Hack then where I Dunno the Dezibels since it's afaik Not documented how Distance Rolloff is calculated.
    Things however get worse when 3D is disabled and in use with Position spread which is a custom panning algo.
    Since there's no callback to apply the very Same algo to a Wave handle, I'd have to Start from scratch to Mix it in the Voice Channel. Means, I Even have to create a class or include a Lib to read a Wave file, which is in the Client but Not accessible.
    That's all Not the hardest Thing in the World to do, but Not beautiful and Not exactly one line of code.
    That's why it hasn't been included initially and why it'll Take a while.

This is a great plugin and I'm only using one piece of it. The Radio FX portion really adds a lot to the feel of a bunch of games.

I would humbly add one request along the radio line: Would you be able to add in ring modulation and/or single sideband to get more of the SW and BSG comms?

Thanks for your work.

I agree +1 with SmilingBanidt request above and would love to have more military and or BSG (Battlestar Galactica 2004) ship to ship comms effects, for example: BSG Mini series and Season 1 ep01 'Water' - and season 2 'Scar', for space sims.

Choice of BSG or Military.

Adding: For use with say ARMA/BF4 etc, and then switch to Space sim BSG style for Star Citizen.

This would really be great.

Thread Information