Forum

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I agree and +1 the above idea for more ring modulation and/or single sideband effects. I would like to have two options, one for military style effects, and one for Battlestar Galactica (2004) style effects on the comms. Like the ship to ship. For example from the mini series and season one episode 1. 'Water', and season two 'scar'

To be able to switch between these two options, Military style (US/UK) and space sim game BSG style for say: Star Citizen.

This would be really great.

The next Update will include a RingMod.
    I can see one might want to toggle two settings, however I'd rather finish this update as it is, it's been a while.
    Last edited by Philosound; October 8th, 2013 at 10:00 AM.

Hi Philosound

Thanks for the reply, good to hear your working on crosstalk and more features.

Can you say yet what else will be in the next update or what you plan to add.

Would it then be possible to have say 2 presets which can be saved to.

And thanks for doing a great job on the plugin. Much appreciated.

Regards
    -Jonny

Last edited by ronaldkhang; October 22nd, 2013 at 11:42 PM.

I just built CrossTalk on OS X and it is doing its job. The only line I had to change to make it build is this one in ts_serversinfo.cpp:

Code:
    return (m_serverInfoMap.contains(serverConnectionHandlerID))?(TSServerInfo*)m_serverInfoMap.value(serverConnectionHandlerID):(TSServerInfo*)NULL;
    This resolved the "operands to ?: have different types ‘const QPointer<TSServerInfo>’ and ‘TSServerInfo*’" error I got...

It took me a while to get it working without making the client crash tho (still crashing when I'm trying to open any settings dialog... I'll investigate that later since they're ugly anyway ). For example, the plugin tries to gather information from the client settings.db before the client even connected to the SQLite database which causes a crash in TSContextMenu::Register() on line 55. I fixed this adding some quick-and-dirty "if QSqlDatabase::connectionNames().isEmpty() then load the settings.db" code into ts3plugin_init()... but there's probably a better way to do this.

While I wonder why this is not causing the Windows client to crash during startup (I'm a C++ noob), I think this should be fixed by the TS3 devs client-side to avoid future issues with database connection stuff. Or am I missing something here?
    Last edited by ScP; October 13th, 2013 at 12:20 AM.

Code:
    return m_serverInfoMap.value(serverConnectionHandlerID,NULL);
    is probably the way that line should be best on any plattform.

About the database, I can only assume it's always been ready on windows either by the devs having sth. plattform specific in their startup procedure or it's a Qt quirk. I guess I could move the translation back to onInitMenus, however it may still be randomly not working if it's loaded asynchronously, mmh, but then the bandaind wouldn't work either.
    If there's no good reason not to, I think having the client db ready before plugin initialization would be rather handy. Until then, the bandaid should suffice. Care to share a lazy programmer the complete snippet? ;D

I can't blame my ui widgets not wanting to see you anymore! xD
    Last edited by Philosound; October 13th, 2013 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosound View Post
    Care to share a lazy programmer the complete snippet? ;D
    In plugin.cpp, I included QtSql and added this snippet to ts3plugin_init() here:

Code:
        // load settings.db if necessary
        if(QSqlDatabase::connectionNames().isEmpty())
        {
          QSqlDatabase db;

db = QSqlDatabase::addDatabase("QSQLITE");
          db.setDatabaseName(GetConfigPath() + "settings.db");

if(!db.open())
          {
            TSLogging::Error("Error loading settings.db; aborting init", 0, NULL);
            return 1;
          }
        }
    I can't blame my ui widgets not wanting to see you anymore! xD
    My apologies to them... if they promse to get prettier. Especially the font is giving me the creeps.

Last edited by ScP; October 13th, 2013 at 04:41 PM.

Thanks

I actually don't set any fonts at all. While my glasses grow stronger and stronger, I thought they'd be the same as the default ui's.
    Putting a recherche if I need to/can sync the fonts to the skin selected on todo, putting the responsibility of nice-looking fonts on the skin designers.

Upped fix on github, assuming sql.open should be db.open.
    Made it a conditional for non-windows compiles for now, while it shouldn't cause problems on windows.

Upped fix on github, assuming sql.open should be db.open.
    Made it a conditional for non-windows compiles for now, while it shouldn't cause problems on windows.
    Whoops... little typo on my end. Fixed that in my posting above too.

How goes the next update.

* Whisper-Functions support server groups
    * Channel Ducker: Selectable if applied to channel commander
    * Radio FX: Ring Modulator
    * Radio FX: automatic volume adjustment
    * Bug Fixes

Also introduced a beta channel, selectable from plugin options.
    Note that updates on that one are indeed barely tested, which is the whole purpose.
    Given that I don't have a QA departement, testing each and everything myself prior to an official (stable) update slows the whole process down quite a lot.
    Last edited by Philosound; October 27th, 2013 at 01:17 PM.

Thanks for the 1.5 update. The ring modulator is incredible.

Thanks for the update.

Would it be possible to add in some sinusoidal (or other shape) automatic sweeps (plus sweep time/amount) to the ring modulation 'range'. I think the BSG 2004 TV show has sweeping varying ring modulation. Or this is my understanding of it anyway.

I'm using the new ring modulation now am loving thought great job.

Also, is there any adjustment to the type of automatic volume adjust in the radio FX. Or gain EQ for the radio effects. Sometimes a little more bass, or mid, or top, can help cut through in-game sounds.

Keep up the good work.

-Jonny
    Last edited by JonnyRedHed; October 28th, 2013 at 02:47 AM.

Put modulation source for ringmod frequency on todo.
    If someone got specifics how they've done that, let me know. I liked the audio design on that show (and the soundtrack, that crazy watchtower cover!).

I feel user interactions on the automatic gain adjustment the way I implemented it would be rather gimmicky. It's designed to be a really artefact-free soft/slow one. It basically just makes up for the gaing lost by the Bandpass Filters.
    That said, I'm generally not satisfied with Teamspeak's Master out. The volume reaching windows is a lot lower than it should be, once I have narrowed the point where this happens I prophecise a bug report incoming.
    While this can be uncomfortably countered, for help cutting through I'd currently be more inclined to add a compressor on the channelstrip and/or master depending on the behaviour of steps in the audio engine I have no influence on and let it grow from there. I feel from the gain by it, it's higher priority than EQing.
    This part of audio enhancement is planned to be an independent module, so there's the "effect" area and the "general purpose enhancement" one.

As usual, it's done when it's done ;P
    Since in my experience, the majority of users tend to rather silently uninstall than report a bug, I'm quite hesitant to push stable updates. A bad update is devastating on the mouth-to-mouth propaganda this plugin is entirely depending on. Jumping on the beta channel can lead to an early access in the "month" area (at the time of this writing, the versions are identical though).

Thread Information