Forum

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the prompt reply.

I understand where your coming from with the automatic gain adjustment. The volume does though seem low and then a bit too high rather sharply. I wonder if the gain attack could be a little softer.

And I'm not too sure about BSG 2004 tv ship to ship radio sound effects production. There might be some write up or blog by the sound designer, I'll have a look.

I've turned on the beta check box also.

Certainly turning on the radio FX cuts down the volume, or that's what I'm perceiving. I think it mostly takes out all the bass which has the effect of dropping volume. Would be nice to try something here... not sure.
    Last edited by JonnyRedHed; October 31st, 2013 at 06:06 AM.

So here's the thing I have a laptop and a tower pc. In both the ducking doesn't seem to be working (maybe i'm doing something wrong?), on laptop the position spread is working fine (Win 8) but on the tower it doesn't work (Win 7). Also on laptop I can use the embedded 3d sound of TS while the plugin is activated, but on tower it doesn't work. Only the radio works for the tower. Can you help me a little, maybe it's a program that causes this or something...

I don't tend to feature known problems, so that's all a lot of question marks for me at this point.
    Are there any warnings or errors? (some icon should pop up on the lower right next to "Connection Quality"?

Ducking:
    Just to make sure we're on the same page, the ducking modules work solely on speakers on ts, not outside programs like the Volume Control plugin at this point and are solely triggered by whispers and speakers on other tabs of the ts instance.
    What are the settings used? Does the music-bot ducking (accessible on client context menu) work?

Position Spread:
    Are both audio devices stereo devices? Maybe the module got trouble with a surround device or sth. Check if playback options->"Mono Sound Extension" is set to "Mono to center", or if it makes a difference switching between those three options. It's the least likely to work with "Mono to surround", which ain't a beautiful effect anyways.

Embedded 3D Sound:
    I'm not entirely sure what's this about. Is the "Always set 3D Sound" option in the playback device enabled on both?
    You're playing a game supported by the positional audio module? Describe the steps to reproduce what you're trying to do there.

Thank you for the reply.

Ok there was a warning near the Connection Quality and it appears that it didn't like from some reason the creative sound card that I have. I changed to the motherboards sound card and the position and everything else except ducking works fine.

About the 3d Sound I meant if you right-click on a channel and select "Setup 3d Sound" it allows you to do almost what position spread does but more complex. So when crosstalk was active the "Setup 3d Sound" didn't work. Maybe some code from the creative's drivers were interfering or something.

About ducking. I'm writing what I understand the module does. I download TS and then install Crosstalk (I don't change any settings at all). I have headphones and I am talking with other people, when someone from the current channel I am is whispering to me. Now what I expect to happen is that I will be hearing the whisper clearly and all the other people that are speaking on the channel with reduced volume. Am I correct?

Music bot refers to this, right? If it does I don't have this plugin.

Also there is another warning that says "Error loading pledgie image" (when I open "Ducking" or "Positional Audio").

That Music Bot ducking feature is actually completely independent of anything, it just describes a typical usage scenario.
    One can set a client (via context menu) to "be" a music bot, and this client will be ducked when anyone else talks.
    Could also be called "least important person", the opposite of "priority speaker" ;D

Channel ducking:
    That's indeed what should be happening. I'm not entirely satisfied with the logic determining the ducking, however change requires time, sigh.
    I could imagine you'd have to set the target to "current server" in the options, although I'd swear I'd solved that some time ago. Maybe I reintroduced that problem with 1.5.0, which is your version hopefully ;D

The only 3D-Sound related stuff in CrossTalk is the Positional Audio module, which uses the very same function as that manual position thingie of TS. If a supported game is running, manually set positions are/should be overwritten by their actual ingame positions. However if that'd be what is happening you surely would've mentioned that, since nothing is quite the opposite ;D
    Possibly the Positional Audio module interferes with that also when no supported game is running, although it really shouldn't. I'd have to look into that. In the meantime you could try out if it makes a difference if you just disable the module if you don't play a supported game.

Yeah, that pledgie image...
    Pledgie changed their image urls to force-use https like the rest of the planet is in the process of doing, and Teamspeak's network lib ain't compiled with support for that, most probably due to licencing. Hence, plugin devs are increasingly screwed to show a simple image out of the interwebs. It's ignorable that error, I'll take the error report out of the next version.
    Last edited by Philosound; November 6th, 2013 at 04:21 PM.

Yes I have 1.5.0. I used every possible setting on the form and it doesn't seem to be working. Music bot, whispers, multiple servers everything. It's like the form is isolated from the code behind it or it isn't enabled at all.

About 3d position I'll have to test if it's working now that I changed the sound card. Thanks again

Yeah Positional Audio works fine.
    The only thing that doesn't work is ducking. By the way is ducking working for you?

I've scheduled finding that out as a weekend activity

Note that I might indeed have fubared some stuff with 1.5.0, confirmed for the whispering functionality to channel/server groups.
    (Testing the ducking didn't make it in today).
    Seems my weekend got upgraded to creating a hotfix release.

Thank you very very much.

v1.5.1 is a hotfix release.

Fixed issues:
    * Don't show a warning for Pledgie image, which currently cannot be shown due to pledgie.com switch to https
    * Whispers to Server- and Channelgroups should work as intended again
    * Channel- and Global Ducking modules should be working again

Note that I only had the spare time for a short check, so please report if I missed sth.

It works... Thank you so much

v1.5.2

* Fixed issue with SWITCH_TAB_AND_WHISPER
    * Sneaked in a preview of distance settings for positionalAudio

I haven't forgotten about those other requests

Thanks, yes the beta channel works well to notify of updates.

[suggestion]
    How about another section in radio fx, background static: pattern shapes, gain, etc. To add in some extra effects. Whilst people talk, and inbetween.

Can I ask about your thoughts now on the mic on and mic off sounds and if your able to do anything with those. Or are we just able to use a mic on and off wav. I use a nice military beep for mic on, and from the same guy a good static wav mic off. I made a louder set for in-game.

Nut was just wondering if it could all be generated procedurally and with more options. Or is all this quite hard if not practical to interject mic on/off, I think you mentioned some time back it was.

Crosstalk is becoming a great plugin, so keep up the good work. Very much appreciated.

Hi,
    does someone know another source for "crosstalk"?
    I ask because "addon.teamspeak.com" is down.

Thanks for your help.

Greetings Fide

Thread Information