Forum

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    I'm gonna suspect (one of) the error(s) being related to the unknown error in the positional audio module shown for the 3d positioning enabled state, which needs to be queried from the db as it's not part of the API.
    I guess it's either that the devs are actually doing something there in the alpha or it's an osx thing (which it ofc shouldn't).

I'm not sure if it's still small, or if it has become small as I wasn't there from the beginning.
    For me, the missing link to florish is actually not the sdk, but having a plugin installer/updater in the client.
    If a plugin is only a click away, that's a whole different story compared to being driven enough to go to the addons page, find, download and install for the common user. I'm suspecting one of those beautiful circles here, you know, the plugin ecosystem would need it to lift off (while still not guaranteed), while the devs don't deem it a priority as it is too small. Hence, it's not really getting anywhere. I'd even (attempt to) code that if I had hope it'd get distributed with it. Heck, even devs seem to not know the features provided by the couple of working plugins for their product on occasion, how would the end user.

The outsourcing is a great idea, with the added benefit of disabling or interaction. You know, you cannot really use a part of the API responsibly especially in the areas you mentioned due to interaction with client modules. Try naively using setClientVolumeModifier for a temporary volume change, soon after you're dealing with the clients own modules catching and saving those in the contact list etc. You wouldn't have guessed that and just wasted a lot of time.

I actually started with the test plugin and was pretty much getting nowhere, however I'm not at a senior many-digits $$ level of c++ programmer, but what plugin dev is. We gotta blame Jules open sourcing G-Key for me hanging in there ;D
    Speaking of which, the sheer amount of closed-source plugins didn't help either. I gotta admit I had my doubts as I had bad experiences with that, but it actually seems to work out this time and it's really for the greater good if I'd drop of the earth or sth. Giving LUA a space at the addons page might help actually. It's fast enough for anything not dealing with audio directly, is cross-plattform per se, open source, doesn't need to be recompiled...

[Insert reduced mojo comment about the plugins/miscellaneous section still missing on the temporary download page]

Hu, let's take this as a blog entry
    Last edited by Philosound; February 6th, 2014 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosound View Post
    [Insert reduced mojo comment about the plugins/miscellaneous section still missing on the temporary download page]
    Damn... didn't notice this. My apologies... just fixed that one.

Let's just say having two categories using the same slug/alias in the database is a bad idea... and it gets worse when you're using this slugs a key in an assoc array.

I appreciate your PC plugin work and know of several others that do as well. Plus I regularly post your crosstalk forum and plugin link on the Star Citizen forums when I am suggesting using voice porting effects like Interstellar Marines plan to later this year, in Star citizen. Citing the ARMA ACRE plugin as something CIG (Star Citizen) could also do their own version of for the community that want to stay on teamspeak. So they also benefit from voice porting (voice comms effects) and 3d audio placement in-game.

I add in I use crosstalk in many of my posts, so hope I've aided in some small way driving new users to crosstalk. And will continue to do so

CrossTalk Beta for the Teamspeak beta client 3.0.14.
    Note the notes.

I've got teamspeak beta and your new update, but teamspeak crashes when I connect to an address. If I disable crosstalk in 'plugins' everything is ok.

Am going back to stable release for now.
    Last edited by JonnyRedHed; March 13th, 2014 at 04:26 AM.

Hrmm, I cannot really reproduce that, however sth. seems to has changed on connect indeed.
    Last edited by Philosound; March 13th, 2014 at 07:47 AM.

I removed all crosstalk folders and settings, and upgraded to teamspeak beta again and downloaded the beta crosstalk. Then changed the beta tick box in pluggin/settings as your notes instruct. But just as I connect to a server and it just says 'connected', I get the teamspeak has stopped responding window. Every server, rebooted and tried again, same thing. Cannot connect to any servers.

But if I turn off crosstalk in settings/plugins or revert to stable ts3 and crosstalk. Then all is well.

Win 7 x64

CrossTalk Beta 1.5.2.031301 for the Teamspeak beta client 3.0.14.
    Note the notes.

Crash on connect issue should be resolved.
    Last edited by Philosound; March 13th, 2014 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Merged post didn't make sense when read as one.

Yes that seems to have fixed it. Thank you.

v1.6.0 is available on the official download page and is compatible with 3.0.14.

There's a user interface display bug in the Positional Audio module where it thinks 3D Sound ain't enabled even when it is.
    It is however not influencing functionality in any way, as long as the referenced check box is indeed checked, all is fine.
    Will be fixed in the next update.

GitHub issue.

Thank you.

This plugin is amazing! Thank you so much for all the updates along the way. Good to see such responsiveness.

Hi,

Any development status updates

How's the guild wars 2 map work?

Probably not at all atm - the Feature Pack patch broke more of the v1 API than they expected.

I'll set up a wiki page once that's solved.

Thread Information